The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Hosted Forums > Womanthology

Old 03-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #46
fullofstars

fullofstars is on a distinguished road

Name: Ellise Heiskell

Website: my twitter account is where I do most of my yappin' @fullofstars, I do have a blog that gets updated now and then at: http://zeelandia.wordpress.com

Email Address: fullofstarzee@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: The first comic I remember reading was an over-sized Star Wars movie comic that I took everywhere with me one summer. I've edited manga, manhua and even worked in the (domestic) anime industry. I love, love scifi and spec fic with the heat of a thousand toaster ovens and have a super power called "Megaforce!" Basically, I love a good story and I can't help it if a little weird always sneaks in.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Nope, but I supported the Kickstarter and cheered my friend Candace Ellis on with her work on it.

Sample of Work: Aliens may have implanted her, but when they come back from the skies, she's not going to let them take it back. The touching story of a young woman and her uh, friendly little, gravity-defying, hair dye inhaling symbiote. Sorry aliens, no take backs.
fullofstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #47
Teresa Jusino

Teresa Jusino is on a distinguished road

Name: Teresa Jusino

Email Address: teresajusino@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I'm a geek (comics, sci-fi television and novels, genre films of all kinds), and a professional writer of prose non-fiction (Tor.com, ChinaShop Magazine, PopMatters.com, the book Whedonistas from Mad Norwegian Press) and fiction (Crossed Genres). I'm also an aspiring writer of television and have written several scripts. But I've never written a comic before...and I really, really want to!

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Nope. But I've just preordered my copy of Heroic, so if that counts as "working on it" then yes!

Sample of Work: Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico, 1956. Mariana Hernandez is a 17 year old girl who is in an illicit relationship and doesn't want to get pregnant. There is a new drug available to her; a new pill that will prevent pregnancy. What she doesn't realize is that, when she has the pill dispensed to her, it's still experimental and in clinical trials. Many women in the trials develop side-effects like nausea, migraines, and stomach pains. Three women in Rio Piedras die in the trials. As for Mariana, the side-effects are very different. She develops strange powers...
Teresa Jusino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:02 AM   #48
Rebelespresso

Rebelespresso is on a distinguished road

Name: Kimberley Newey

Email Address:kimberlitey@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I recently contributed to the "Dead Roots" comic anthology and also have just won an award for excellence in Steampunk Storytelling from the 2012 Rose City Steampunk Film Festival for my short film "Tick Tock". I am Canadian, living in England. I love reading comics and find incredible joy in writing for them too. I love visual stories and have a crazy imagination.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Nope, but I am very eager to!

Sample of Work: A woman, on discovering her memories are not her own and that her "dayjob" is aiding a corrupt society, begins to search for the truth of who she is and to find a way to fight back.
Rebelespresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:02 AM   #49
Shannon_Muir

Shannon_Muir is on a distinguished road

Name: Shannon Muir

Email Address: shanemuir (at) aol.com

A Little About Yourself: Besides being a professional in the animation and virtual worlds space, where I have worked in production management as well as written several scripts for a Japanese animated series, I've self published fiction with women as the lead characters in a variety of situations and age ranges. I'm also known for co-writing and providing "lyrics" for the webcomic FLYING GLORY AND THE HOUNDS OF GLORY (http://www.flying-glory.com), which began its tenth anniversary online in June 2011. Aside from a one page FLYING GLORY AND THE HOUNDS OF GLORY page that was done for a charity cookbook project, I have no other comic credits in print.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: No, but would love to.

Sample of Work: A young woman adopted into a family who has tried far too hard to give her a "normal" life discovers that she has unusual abilities and that the people her birth family tried to hide her from are hot on her trail. These people offer the young woman a place where she can feel accepted for being different, but to accept their offer she would need to destroy her adopted hometown which she doesn't care much about... except for the safety of her adoptive parents., who she would not be able to warn in time. What choice does she make?
Shannon_Muir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:02 AM   #50
MisfitsTamara

MisfitsTamara is on a distinguished road

Name: Tamara Brooks

Email Address:
tcsbrooks@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: Life long nerd - Superman reversing the Earth's rotation to turn back time never made sense to me and I was like 6yo the first time I saw that flick - with a love of writing in all forms and words. I'm cuddly, friendly, and only slightly dangerous. Like a Koala bear only not.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: No but I can dig it.

Sample of Work: Mythical creatures haven't died out, they've just evolved and found a way to live among humans. But what of their offspring and what about those who aren't content to live in anonymity?
MisfitsTamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #51
StineBrunson

StineBrunson is on a distinguished road

Name: Christine Brunson (nickname: Stine)

Websites: http://stinethekitty.deviantart.com/ and http://www.undeadnorm.com/

Email Address: mchristinerb@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I've always got quite a few stories running around in my head. I'm currently working on my zombie comedy webcomic called Undead Norm and waiting on a short fantasy story called Stone Whisperer to be published in an anthology called "Indie Attack." I like many genres but I always seem to lean towards comedy and science fiction.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Not yet but really wanting to do so.

Sample of Work: Identical twin girls with vivid imaginations try to figure out what they should play. One wants to pretend to be fashion models while the other wants to play super heroes. After some arguing the girls decide to play "Save the princess" as one is the brave knight that was save the other twin from a dragon.
StineBrunson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #52
genevievery

genevievery is on a distinguished road

Name: Genevieve Halton

Email Address: genevieve.halton@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I have been writing and self-publishing (poetry, fiction, comics) since the 90's and have been involved in various aspects of the comic industry for about 10 years now. I strive to mix it up a bit, get people thinking, and encourage learning. I like to experiment with everything I can in terms of art and writing.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Not yet, though I've been trying to get involved...great project!

Sample of Work: I have a slew of ideas with more coming all the time. Current projects include
  • Literature-centric graphic novel series based on the adventures of a young girl with a magic pocket watch that allows her to travel into books and interact with their characters (a short could be made from this concept easily to tie in)
  • Crime noir story about a mysterious unseen private detective and the woman who keeps his secrets (currently planned as 2 3-issue minis, but can be altered without much trouble)
  • Adventures of the Giant Space Squid (the one that Ben Templesmith worships)--these are short stories
  • Surreal point-of-view shorts about adapting to life in the digital age
  • Please inquire about more (I don't generally limit myself in terms of theme or genre)
genevievery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #53
Cuculine

Cuculine is on a distinguished road

Name: Tiffany L. Rumfelt

Website: Working on one! For now, most of my public writing is on my LJ: http://balloonhat.livejournal.com

Email Address: balloonhat@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I am a student pursuing an Anthropology degree, although I hope to double-major in Creative Writing as well. I am waiting for the day someone revives The Pirates of Dark Water!

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: No.

Sample of Work: Hetty is out exploring when dangerous weather forces her to take shelter under a bridge. But Hetty isn't alone, for another young woman had a similar idea and hides under the bridge with her. They are appalled to discover that they are each from misunderstood cultures who hate each other. Can Hetty and her companion put aside their differences long enough to survive during the storm - and maybe even learn from each other?
Cuculine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #54
amandadeibert

amandadeibert is on a distinguished road

Name: Amanda Deibert

Email Address:ajdeibert@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I am a screenwriter, an actress and a fledgling comic writer

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Yes! I wrote "The Culper Spy" for heroic and helped with Samantha Newark's album art contest (not totally Womanthology related, but not UNrelated either )

Sample of Work: A little girl and her two brothers have a hard time being the only half alien/half human students at their school. Their unique looks, and lack of total abilities in either species, make them outcasts....until the day a tragedy strikes and these three small people are the only ones who can save the day. (TMI: This one I would dedicate to my niece and nephews who are not even fully acknowledged by members within my family because they are mixed race.)
amandadeibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #55
meganmetzger

meganmetzger is on a distinguished road

Name: Megan Metzger

Email Address: meganjmetzger@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I live in LA and I love comic books! Daily activities include: Nerding out, geeking out and eating pizza.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Yes!

Sample of Work: 1. A mother and her daughter talk about the cosmos, and how right at this exact moment, another mother and her daughter are probably looking at them through the same stars. 2. Constellations come to life and attack the planet. It will be one young star gazers duty to protect her small town from the invasion.
meganmetzger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:21 PM   #56
KC

KC is on a distinguished road

Writing for Vol. 2 or Future Project?

Name: Kayla Cagan

Email Address: kayla.cagan@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I like playing with big themes in small worlds.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Yes! And I LOVED the opportunity!

Sample of Work: "When I broke up with him, I told him it wasn't him, it was me. I told him I needed space. And that's exactly what I meant."
KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:55 AM   #57
Rebelespresso

Rebelespresso is on a distinguished road

idea!

Okay so this might be cheating but I've just had a new idea: "Blue or red, better off dead". A young girl, conflicted, isolated and alone, encounters two strange coloured beings who embody the opposing forces within her and create a landscape where she is able to play out the conflict and ultimately find peace to face her future without fear or shame.
Rebelespresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:29 AM   #58
asr1701

asr1701 is on a distinguished road

Name:Autumn Richardson

Email Address: asr1701@yahoo.com

A Little About Yourself: I am a 29 year-old comic book writer. I have been writing for several years now and am currently working with a company called G2 Comics (though they are currently restructuring and will be changing their name). I have a series coming out from them(or whatever the new name will be) as well as a few other things. And when I'm not writing I'm refereeing the kid, the dog and the husband that are running around here....somewhere...

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?:No

Sample of Work: A boy, perhaps 16, begins experiencing 'time jumps' in which he finds himself in past situations where something bad happened. In each situation he is able to fix whatever it was that happened and make it better before he returns to his own time. Also each time there is a man with him that he does not know. Who is the man and what is really going on?
asr1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #59
jennifermarie

jennifermarie is on a distinguished road

Name: Jen Aprahamian

Email Address: jen [at] nonsensequential [dot] com

A Little About Yourself: I'm a software developer by day, crimefighting superhero by night. I drink a lot of coffee, read a lot of comics, and am constantly sketching and writing story notes in little moleskine notebooks. I tweet often (@delightfuldev).

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Nope, but I want to!

Sample of Work: A troupe of aerialists and acrobats (who travel around the galaxy entertaining the rich, famous, and infamous) find themselves having to use their strength, flexibility, and acting skills to act like superheroes when a crisis arises and the "real" heroes are nowhere to be found.
jennifermarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #60
jstar712

jstar712 is on a distinguished road

Hey all! Would love to get a chance to participate. Wonderful first book!

Name: Jacqueline Grace Lopez

Email Address: jgracemusic@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: Actor, Singer, Songwriter, Soon to be Comic Book Writer and Playwright

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: No

Sample of Work: I'd either like to do an illustrated poem about the cosmos and the human will or a teaser story about an intergalactic trio of orphans refitted by the government to work on covert missions.
jstar712 is offline   Reply With Quote