The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Hosted Forums > Womanthology

Old 02-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
Renae De Liz
Art Wench

Renae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to behold

Post Womanthology Information

Womanthology: Heroic is a 330 page Anthology created entirely by 169 women for Charity. It started from one tweet sent out to do a small side project in favor of gathering together other women in comics to do something fun for a good cause. That day over 100 women offered their talents, and the project grew exponentially from there to become the 25th most successful Kickstarter project of all time, and one of the top successful comics projects on Kickstarter.

More than just a book, Womanthology has become a positive and supportive community that encompasses women in comics of all experience levels, an those in the comics industry that support them.

Project Manager: Renae De Liz Assistant Project Manager: Laura Morley

You can find more information about the project on the Womanthology website and you can view the Womanthology Kickstarter Campaign as well.

Also please check out these other various sites where you can both keep up with project updates and support the works from the various creators on project:

Womanthology Twitter
Womanthology Facebook
Womanthology Deviant Art
Womanthology Tumblr

Thank you for stopping in! I'll update with more as I further get the forums set up!

~Renae
Renae De Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 06:29 AM   #2
miquixtli

miquixtli is on a distinguished road

Such an awesome project! I heard of it 'cause one of my best friends on this or any other cosmic plane did some amazing art for it, and I'm so freakin' proud, not just because she's one of mah best friends, but 'cause she's the only mexican girl on it, congratulations on the excellent work to all of you!
miquixtli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
Joamette Gil
Rumpled & Stilted

Joamette Gil will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by miquixtli View Post
Such an awesome project! I heard of it 'cause one of my best friends on this or any other cosmic plane did some amazing art for it, and I'm so freakin' proud, not just because she's one of mah best friends, but 'cause she's the only mexican girl on it, congratulations on the excellent work to all of you!
Oh word?! I was worried I was the only Latina on it! Who is your friend?
Joamette Gil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:51 AM   #4
NAAN

NAAN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joamette Gil View Post
Oh word?! I was worried I was the only Latina on it! Who is your friend?
That I counted, there were like 3-4 Latinas and one Hispanic : D Myself included
NAAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #5
Joamette Gil
Rumpled & Stilted

Joamette Gil will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAAN
That I counted, there were like 3-4 Latinas and one Hispanic : D Myself included
Oh sweet!! *high fives* What is the distinction you are drawing between Latin@ and Hispanic? I ask because some people use it the same way while others differentiate them for different reasons (I identify as both).
Joamette Gil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:04 AM   #6
Scribbly
Easy reader

Scribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joamette Gil View Post
Oh sweet!! *high fives* What is the distinction you are drawing between Latin@ and Hispanic? I ask because some people use it the same way while others differentiate them for different reasons (I identify as both).
As far as I know,
Latin, is a person of Latino European roots, as from Spain, Italy, France.
(Extended to any other European country.)
That by generations lives in South America and speaks Spanish.

Hispanic is a person of original Native South American roots that speak Spanish.

These are only racial-archaic and sub divisive denominations, that should be abolished,
as in the ones of English and British.
Or white and Indian and others that people use for different reasons.

Congratulations to all of you for your Womanthology project!

Last edited by Scribbly; 04-10-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:02 AM   #7
JennEDAz
Jenn Corella

JennEDAz has a spectacular aura aboutJennEDAz has a spectacular aura about

Also Hispanic

Not that I think it matters, I am Mexican. It's odd to be counting ethnic backgrounds, but a bit offensive to be left out.
JennEDAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #8
Maia Kobabe
illustrator

Maia Kobabe is on a distinguished road

I love that you guys have a deviant art page, that's great.
Maia Kobabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:34 AM   #9
arwendelyon

arwendelyon is on a distinguished road

I just found out about Womanthology when I attended HerosCon in NC this June. When I went to the panel I was so moved by your story! I hope this is only the beginning of a movement to get women and girls of every walk of life involved in comics, whether reading or creating!
arwendelyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:46 AM   #10
NAAN

NAAN is on a distinguished road

That's such a nice comment, arwendelyon ^_^ I'm glad many people are feeling the love and I certainly hope this "movement" doesn't burn out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbly View Post
As far as I know,
Latin, is a person of Latino European roots, as from Spain, Italy, France.
(Extended to any other European country.)
That by generations lives in South America and speaks Spanish.

Hispanic is a person of original Native South American roots that speak Spanish.

These are only racial-archaic and sub divisive denominations, that should be abolished,
as in the ones of English and British.
Or white and Indian and others that people use for different reasons.

Congratulations to all of you for your Womanthology project!

Huh! I, uh, had a different definition of those terms...

Latino/a -- person who is from Latin America (South and Central*) and is descended from the native people as well as colonizers and slaves.

Hispanic -- person directly from Spain (or other Spanish speaking European countries).

It's kinda silly, I agree, to harp on these terms BUT that's what helps people identify, I guess :P For solidarity and all that *shrugs* Never paid attention to these terms either until I came to the US-- I think that says a lot XD

*why central america get no love ;D D:
NAAN is offline   Reply With Quote