The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 03-16-2018, 06:51 PM   #1
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Domain expired

I don't know where to bring this up but I thought someone could give me an advice please.

I acquired a domain several years back you know, I have to secure a few so I'll get the .COM registration at GODADDY. I've been renewing the registrations annually even though there's no website done for it and lately I've decided to just drop this domain as I don't see me getting it done. Now, I received an email from godaddy that it expired a few days and if I don't renew, it will incur $100 so amount. I'm reading this that the amount incurred is when I want to renew it after it expired.

My question is: if I don't want to renew it, would I have to pay the amount? If I don't anything and let it pass, I won't get charged as I don't want to renew it, would I?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Dario
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 09:31 PM   #2
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

Letting a domain expire does not cost anything. You will not be charged anything. This is a scam.

You can safely ignore it.
P.B.DeBerry is a writer/letterer of words, soup enthusiast in Massachusetts with a talent for over thinking. This bio took him five hours to write. You can read more from P.B. at.. fisticuffswriting.com
paul brian deberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:00 PM   #3
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

Yeah, what theyíre saying is they will penalize you if you renew after it has expired. Itís their way of forcing people to renew domains they arenít sure theyíll use. If you donít plan to use this domain just let it go. GoDaddy is notorious for this sort of behavior, btw.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:45 PM   #4
eDuke
Owner

eDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to behold

There are domain banks that buy up expired domains and resell them at higher prices. It's shitty business practice, but happens. We let FistofJustice.com expire and wanted to get it back but they wanted over $200 for it. Crazy.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:42 PM   #5
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

ugh! You let that expire!! Damn!

Now it's a premium website name... it'll cost like 2500 to get it back!

Safely pick fistofjustice,net for 13 bucks and fistofjustice.us is on sale for a buck.
P.B.DeBerry is a writer/letterer of words, soup enthusiast in Massachusetts with a talent for over thinking. This bio took him five hours to write. You can read more from P.B. at.. fisticuffswriting.com
paul brian deberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:44 PM   #6
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul brian deberry View Post
Letting a domain expire does not cost anything. You will not be charged anything. This is a scam.

You can safely ignore it.
Yeah, I let it expired and don't plan to renew it. I mean the domain name is really good, but I could use something different like .ca or .org if I decided to pursue it later. Thanks PB!
Old 03-22-2018, 02:46 PM   #7
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Yeah, what theyíre saying is they will penalize you if you renew after it has expired. Itís their way of forcing people to renew domains they arenít sure theyíll use. If you donít plan to use this domain just let it go. GoDaddy is notorious for this sort of behavior, btw.
Thanks Bishop. I can see that it's business for them as usual but I don't see why they have to do scare tactics to their clienteles. Anyway, I let it expired so I'm not worried now.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:48 PM   #8
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDuke View Post
There are domain banks that buy up expired domains and resell them at higher prices. It's shitty business practice, but happens. We let FistofJustice.com expire and wanted to get it back but they wanted over $200 for it. Crazy.
Thanks Eduke. I didn't know that it happened with FoJ and that's ridiculous with the renewal fee and such. That's crazy.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:49 PM   #9
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul brian deberry View Post
ugh! You let that expire!! Damn!

Now it's a premium website name... it'll cost like 2500 to get it back!

Safely pick fistofjustice,net for 13 bucks and fistofjustice.us is on sale for a buck.
I agree with PB!