The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Hosted Forums > Womanthology

Old 12-12-2012, 03:11 AM   #1
CHWolf
BANNED

CHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to all

Let's Support Gail Simone...

In the most twisted way possible.
CHWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 03:19 AM   #2
Co.Inkadink

Let's not.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:23 AM   #3
CHWolf
BANNED

CHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to all

Why are you being an asshole?

NOBODY LISTEN TO THIS MAN, HE IS CLEARLY INSANE.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:19 AM   #4
Co.Inkadink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHWolf View Post
Why are you being an asshole?

NOBODY LISTEN TO THIS MAN, HE IS CLEARLY INSANE.
I'm not I just think Gail Simone should make up a character of her own like Betty to go on a Murder spree. Why do comic creators feel the need to destroy characters to make a name for themselves? I hate this sort if thing, she should create her own universe to screw with leave the Archie universe alone.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #5
CHWolf
BANNED

Yup.

Insane.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #6
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Duane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to behold

If that's done to Betty, might as well twist the whole universe...Make Veronica a cokewhore, Archie a date rapist, jug head an emo cutter, Moose a roid rage ex football star who surfs the net for illegal pron....may as well go all out...
Duane Korslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #7
Co.Inkadink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kors View Post
If that's done to Betty, might as well twist the whole universe...Make Veronica a cokewhore, Archie a date rapist, jug head an emo cutter, Moose a roid rage ex football star who surfs the net for illegal pron....may as well go all out...
And that's the problem. Let the creators do whatever they want with the characters with no thought of the future. This is why comics are DEAD. This is why sales are in the toilet.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #8
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Duane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co.Inkadink View Post
And that's the problem. Let the creators do whatever they want with the characters with no thought of the future. This is why comics are DEAD. This is why sales are in the toilet.
Not just comics...movies...tv....music...its the viscous circle of art...creators become bored with what they have and end up spewing crap out like Murder Betty, Star Wars Episode I, Doll House, and The Unforgiven II ( or anything by Nickelback)

Wouldnt it be nice to impose a "quit fucking with stuff" rule on creators once its out. It would never work though....
Old 12-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #9
CHWolf
BANNED

What a couple of tools. Really.

It's a joke. A spoof. Have you seen Garfield Minus Garfield? Did you cry and whine that they'd might as well make Arlene manic-depressive?

Are you aware Archie met the Punisher? Why not make Jughead a hired assassin. Riverdale High's teachers became super-heroes and had their own ongoing title. Why not make Reggie the Human Torch? There was a stage play about Archie coming out of the closet. Why don't you guys go poo-poo that and complain about how Archie's homosexual in the comics, now? Oh, right, he isn't because it was a riff on a classic that in no way affected anything.

It's like you were both attacked by humor as children and have some deep-rooted, irrational fear of a dark comedy goof.

There's a difference between "quit fucking with stuff" and "I AM PRETENDING TO BE INCENSED ABOUT A SPOOF STORY RELATED TO COMIC I DON'T READ". This is the former.

... Dopes.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #10
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Quote:

It's a joke. A spoof. Have you seen Garfield Minus Garfield? Did you cry and whine that they'd might as well make Arlene manic-depressive?

Are you aware Archie met the Punisher? Why not make Jughead a hired assassin. Riverdale High's teachers became super-heroes and had their own ongoing title. Why not make Reggie the Human Torch? There was a stage play about Archie realizing he was gay. Why not make everyone ever gay and make it be a big gay gay-fest!

... Dopes.
that was my point...

But can you argue with the whole degradation of art argument?
Old 12-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #11
Co.Inkadink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kors View Post
Not just comics...movies...tv....music...its the viscous circle of art...creators become bored with what they have and end up spewing crap out like Murder Betty, Star Wars Episode I, Doll House, and The Unforgiven II ( or anything by Nickelback)

Wouldnt it be nice to impose a "quit fucking with stuff" rule on creators once its out. It would never work though....
The thread said let's support her and I don't think we should. If I don't support her maybe she won't do it, or be able to.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #12
Co.Inkadink

Quote:

Are you aware Archie met the Punisher? Why not make Jughead a hired assassin. Riverdale High's teachers became super-heroes and had their own ongoing title.
The Archie Punisher team up was totally in character for both of them. They din't change his personality for the story. The Super hero thing goes back to the 70s again in character. I don't know about the Homosexual thing but I'm pretty sure Archie's still hetero.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #13
CHWolf
BANNED

Kors - Your degradation of art comment is ridiculous in the world of comics where reboots and adaptations are EVERYwhere.

You're replying to a post... that mentions Archie meets Punisher... and you're talking about degradation of art.

Think about that.

Co.Inkadink - I don't recall asking what you thought. Sure, any time you post on the web you invite lunatics to chime on, but don't pretend you're just a humble, simple man making his opinions known in an "aw shucks" way.

You leapt in on the first reply to try to kill the thread/premise just because you have a previously stated preconcieved notion on this sort of thing.

Look at the two of you. Trolling an otherwise empty thread right out of the gate, trying to ruin something I put together as a laugh to spread someone else's funny comments/idea.

Pathetic.

Lock and delete the thread, if anyone swings by. These Bozo bullies came by and sat on it because they wanted to fake anger toward a theoretical spoof of something they don't read.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #14
CHWolf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co.Inkadink View Post
The Archie Punisher team up was totally in character for both of them. They din't change his personality for the story. The Super hero thing goes back to the 70s again in character. I don't know about the Homosexual thing but I'm pretty sure Archie's still hetero.
Exactly - There can be spoof stories, side stories, riffs on the work and it doesn't do anything to the source material.

You just undid your whole arguement.

Thanks.

(But the Super-Hero thing wasn't just a 70s thing, can't blame you since you're unfamilar with the work you're rabidly 'protecting'.)

The tone you guys have is making me think this is more about Simone or some other factor. It's a bit outlandish for someone really have the genuine thought process exhibited.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #15
Co.Inkadink

Quote:

Co.Inkadink - I don't recall asking what you thought. Sure, any time you post on the web you invite lunatics to chime on, but don't pretend you're just a humble, simple man making his opinions known in an "aw shucks" way.

You leapt in on the first reply to try to kill the thread/premise just because you have a previously stated preconcieved notion on this sort of thing.
Yes you did ask what I thought, yo asked everyone here to support Gail Simone. I didn't leap in to kill your beautiful thread, You asked for support and I asked that it not be supported. I think it's an awful idea and all it is is my opinion. If you don't want contrary opinions to your own then keep your ideas to yourself. No one here shares my opinion but I'm not crying about it.
Gail Simone needs to create her own type of Archie characters to ruin, because I do like Archie characters and my kids still read them. I wouldn't want this crap to be in the same area as the Archie comics section at my local comic store and some kid to pick it up thinking this is what Archie comics are.
Tell Gail Simone to go Poop in her own house.