Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 06-19-2018, 10:22 PM   #31
jeffchris50

jeffchris50 will become famous soon enoughjeffchris50 will become famous soon enough

As a Prepress Geek in the real world, I'd be happy to help you out with editing duties if you need the assist, Ed. I'm excellent at telling people what to do and what not to do!
jeffchris50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:00 AM   #32
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

so is my wife!

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:49 AM   #33
jeffchris50

jeffchris50 will become famous soon enoughjeffchris50 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans View Post
so is my wife!
Arenít all wives, sevans? I think itís part of the job description!
Old 06-21-2018, 10:06 PM   #34
salvador raga

salvador raga has a spectacular aura aboutsalvador raga has a spectacular aura about

Count me in!
salvador raga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 05:16 PM   #35
Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of light

I've love to participate in some form or fashion. I'm up for coloring, especially flatting, but I am doing some full coloring now... also lettering... logo/title design if there's a need... I might also be able to contribute a cover or a pin-up or something at some point too.

If I have any ideas for a story I'll pipe in later... Oh, and I also can do pre-press in InDesign if that is a needed thing.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:32 PM   #36
eDuke

eDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to behold

I'm still brainstorming how I want to approach this.

I'm also thinking this may end up being printed on old-fashioned newsprint. This may mess up some people because colors won't be as vibrant. But when I look back at the first series, I fell in love with the way the first issue was printed, it just felt like a comic book as opposed the thicker, heavier stock used in the next issues.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:20 PM   #37
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

Just say Black and White. Suitable for Newsprint.
Make the call and I'll work around it (and I'm sure others will too)

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:35 PM   #38
Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of light

I happen to like the old newsprint look. I'm not against the modern look, but I feel like a lot of times they go for the splash and forget to tell stories.. I'd rather have a story on newsprint than crap on fancy paper.

Alterna has been doing a lot of newsprint stuff lately and I think it has been going over well.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:48 PM   #39
NatMatt
Are we having fun yet?

NatMatt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Vernon View Post
I happen to like the old newsprint look. I'm not against the modern look, but I feel like a lot of times they go for the splash and forget to tell stories.. I'd rather have a story on newsprint than crap on fancy paper.

Alterna has been doing a lot of newsprint stuff lately and I think it has been going over well.
I agree with Stewart. I personally think newsprint is a fantastic idea. Like he said, Alternaís been doing it for quite sometime now and theyíve had some pretty good success with it without having to sacrifice the addition of color. If it were up to me, Iíd say keep it in color. Hope we get this rolling soon, Iím dying to get started!
NatMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:19 AM   #40
eDuke

eDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to behold

It's definitely going to be newsprint and color. I'm probably going the EERIE/CREEPY/VAMPIRELLA route where a main character intros each story (hopefully drawn by one single artist to keep it consistent).

I'm leaning towards 4-8 pagers. I'm also sticking to the multiple creators on each story just like we did on volume one's first issue because I want this to be a collaborative. I know that'll turn off some people but just wait it out until the next issues where it'll most likely be open towards creators handling all the duties on a single story.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:04 AM   #41
NatMatt
Are we having fun yet?

NatMatt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDuke View Post
It's definitely going to be newsprint and color. I'm probably going the EERIE/CREEPY/VAMPIRELLA route where a main character intros each story (hopefully drawn by one single artist to keep it consistent).

I'm leaning towards 4-8 pagers. I'm also sticking to the multiple creators on each story just like we did on volume one's first issue because I want this to be a collaborative. I know that'll turn off some people but just wait it out until the next issues where it'll most likely be open towards creators handling all the duties on a single story.
Yes, as a lifelong fan of Warren comics I say go for it! If you don't already have an artist in mind, I'd love to throw my hat into the ring for that position (unless you do otherwise I'll be happy to just contribute art for a story). All and all, I'm more than excited to see this coming to fruition. I'm really looking forward to being apart of it.
NatMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:57 PM   #42
SDulaney
Pythonist (reform)

SDulaney is a glorious beacon of lightSDulaney is a glorious beacon of lightSDulaney is a glorious beacon of lightSDulaney is a glorious beacon of lightSDulaney is a glorious beacon of lightSDulaney is a glorious beacon of lightSDulaney is a glorious beacon of light

I'm in.

And if you need editing help, the services of Bimor Comics* are at your disposal.

*"Bimor Comics. We Insist!"
SDulaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 12:02 AM   #43
jeffchris50

I adore the idea of a newsprint book! I still miss them from the old days! the only thing I need glossy is the cover! LOL!
Old 06-29-2018, 08:35 AM   #44
Mark Bertolini
Scum of the Earth.

Mark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDuke View Post

What if I have a 10-page sci-fi story, actually created with an artist who I met and became friends with on DW back in the day? Could 10 pages be okay?

-Tom Waits
Mark Bertolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:17 PM   #45
eDuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Bertolini View Post
What if I have a 10-page sci-fi story, actually created with an artist who I met and became friends with on DW back in the day? Could 10 pages be okay?
Not right now. Maybe in the future. This new version needs to go a different route than the past two did.