Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / Collaborations

Old 12-24-2018, 06:59 AM   #1
dlenhart

dlenhart is on a distinguished road

Accepting Submissions for Future Sci-Fi Tales #2

Hey! My name is Drew Lenhart. Last fall I released Future Sci-Fi Tales #1, an anthology of short science fiction comics & short stories. I worked with two awesome artists that helped bring my stories to the page and Iím excited to do this again. For issue #2, I would like to accept submissions from aspiring comic book writers and artists!

Take a look:
Future Sci-Fi Tales #1
Print: http://www.indyplanet.us/future-sci-fi-tales-1/
Comixology: http://bit.ly/2BHnELM

This is a NON paying gig. Sorry!! If you are an artist or writer trying to make a break, this will be a great book to get your work published! The little funding I do have allocated for this project will go into commissioning an artist for cover artwork.

I am looking for 5 - 6 submissions to get the book around 64 pages if possible.

Requirements:
1. 4 - 10 pages of completed art - inked/lettered.
2. Pages must be black and white.
3. Pages must be submitted 300 dpi & formatted to Ka-Blamís template: http://ka-blam.com/main/standard-sized-page-template/
4. Stories must be Science Fiction & set in the future ( like the title says ). (I will accept sci fi horror as long as itís set in the future.)

This book will be listed in Comixology & IndyPlanet. Any profit made from the book will be rolled into development of the next issue, #3.

In order to be fair to all creators, the print edition of the book will be listed on IndyPlanet $1.00 less that the cover listing ( e.g. for issue #1, the cover price is $5.99, but listed at $4.99 ). This is the best way I can think of to be fair to all submitters and also gives an option to purchase copies at a discount from IndyPlanet ( 25% discount if you order 5 or more ). This way it gives you a way to purchase copies cheaper for your comic shows, online store, or whatever reason.

Optional:
This next section is entirely optional to all creative teams! I would also like to open the option for each submitting creative team to create their own variant cover. Take a look at the link above to Issue #1 and see the lower half page artwork. It will be about that size & I will give out cover size requirements later on.

I will list the variant cover editions on IndyPlanet.

Lastly:
I reserve the right to deny any submissions. If I receive more than 5 or 6 submissions, I will roll into Issue #3. So please have your creative teams lined up for your submission if it is not already completed!! Also, each creator will be expected to sign an agreement for this project and pretty much entails whats explained here.

Deadline:
Proposal Deadline: January 20th, 2019
I need all proposals, art samples, script samples in by this date. If your submission is an idea with a creative team ready to work, I would like to see sample art & a page of the script.

If you already have your artwork done, that's awesome, send me a page so I can judge it!

Final deadline will be March 30th for the creative teams to have ALL work completed and submitted.

Please send proposals/artwork/script sample to: snowyworks2018@gmail.com

Thanks!
Drew D. Lenhart
SnowyWorks
dlenhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 08:50 AM   #2
dlenhart

Just an update, I will take COLOR art as well as black and white stories!
Old 01-20-2019, 07:12 AM   #3
dlenhart

Submissions are now closed. I received some awesome submissions, thanks all!