Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community > DW Group Project

Old 05-12-2018, 12:55 PM   #31
Steven Forbes
Freelance Editor

Steven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud of

I've been giving this some thought.

DW: Songs

It wouldn't necessarily be a music video on paper, but a story with actual dialogue. The framing sequence could be a DJ spinning all kinds of records.

I'm seeing it as a music video that actually visualizes the story of the song. No song lyrics, but the dialogue that would have been said if there weren't song lyrics over all the action.

This gives the writers something to do, and everyone has fun.

Just an idea.

(And to be honest, since there are multiple songs that people love, this could actually go in volumes if people wished. Just another thought.)
Steven Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:30 AM   #32
jeffchris50

jeffchris50 will become famous soon enoughjeffchris50 will become famous soon enough

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah, thatís the approach I was sort of thinking about when I suggested songs. I think there are plenty of pieces of music out there that have a strong enough narrative thread to build a 6-8 page story around with plenty to do for both writer and artist. Itís all a matter of how you approach what youíre adapting, IMHO.
jeffchris50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:46 AM   #33
eDuke

eDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to behold

Please don't let this die.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:09 PM   #34
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

Personally, I think we should go the route of the last one. Pick someone like Judge Dredd, Jason Vorhes, Swamp Thing, Constante, Tank Girl, and drop them in an out of a different situation.

There is no need to change a thing.
P.B.DeBerry is a writer/letterer of words, soup enthusiast in Massachusetts with a talent for over thinking. This bio took him five hours to write. You can read more from P.B. at.. fisticuffswriting.com
paul brian deberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:49 PM   #35
jeffchris50

jeffchris50 will become famous soon enoughjeffchris50 will become famous soon enough

I've got an idea for another project but I'm not sure how interested in it people would be. Basically it's doing an anthology of old, public domain pulp characters and eventually having their stories interweave until they all meet up to fight a "big bad", kinda of coming together like a less super-powered version of The Avengers. If anyone is interested in something like that, I can post the synopsis I'm writing along with a list of characters to use. I'm still mulling over whether they should stay back in their time period or whether they should be updated to modern times....
Old 06-27-2018, 09:58 PM   #36
Rob Norton

12013 will become famous soon enough12013 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDuke View Post
Please don't let this die.
I agree. I just thought since the last one just got finished, people might want a breather. BUT..that doesn't mean people cant talk ideas about what to do.

honestly..thats the biggest challenge...is coming up with an idea that is interesting enough that everyone will want to be involved in. that's why I think the set up of the last one..where the character gets sent to wherever the writer decides, makes for all kinds of interesting ideas.

and sorta like Jeff CHRIS says...using public domain characters might be a way to go..so that we CAN print up books if we so choose...and put all our names on it. do a crownfunder thing if we want.

everyone did such a good job on the HELLBOY thing... I really want to see printed books of that even just for us creators on the book (which could still be an option...we were discussing it..)

but yeah...maybe we should consider using characters that don't have legal ownership hindering us.

thoughts..???

rob
Old 06-27-2018, 10:48 PM   #37
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

There is no hindrance. There is nothing stopping you from printing the Hellboy story. You just can not sell it.
P.B.DeBerry is a writer/letterer of words, soup enthusiast in Massachusetts with a talent for over thinking. This bio took him five hours to write. You can read more from P.B. at.. fisticuffswriting.com
Old 06-27-2018, 10:52 PM   #38
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

Personally, I just want to do something fun. The Hellboy stuff was fun.

I would rather do another story with a character like Hellboy. It gives you cooler story options.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:20 AM   #39
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Duane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffchris50 View Post
I've got an idea for another project but I'm not sure how interested in it people would be. Basically it's doing an anthology of old, public domain pulp characters and eventually having their stories interweave until they all meet up to fight a "big bad", kinda of coming together like a less super-powered version of The Avengers. If anyone is interested in something like that, I can post the synopsis I'm writing along with a list of characters to use. I'm still mulling over whether they should stay back in their time period or whether they should be updated to modern times....
i think this is a great idea!
Duane Korslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:46 AM   #40
jeffchris50

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks, Duane. Glad you like the idea. Lots of cool, unused characters out there who haven’t seen the light of day in some cases in decades. There are a few which would likely have to be tweaked and massaged a bit to meet with contemporary ideals/thinking so as not to offend anyone, but, by and large, a lot of them are perfectly useable in the way they were created.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:25 PM   #41
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

DJ Demonic and his Rock n Roll tales of Darkness.

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz

www.darkarts.co.nz
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 04:56 PM   #42
Morganza
Black Pyramid Studios

Morganza has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans View Post
DJ Demonic and his Rock n Roll tales of Darkness.
I like that!
Morganza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 05:06 PM   #43
Scribbly

Scribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud of

Public domain characters. That's the way to go