Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / PAID Jobs

Old 02-24-2018, 03:08 PM   #1
KyleRaios

KyleRaios will become famous soon enoughKyleRaios will become famous soon enough

Dinosaur Comic Seeks New Artist

Hey there! My name is Kyle and I'm looking for an artist to work with on an ongoing project called PRIMAL INSTINCT. We have three issues published, and all three are currently available on comixology. In addition, we'll be launching a kickstarter campaign this summer to create the colored TPB, which will collect the first six issue volume, to debut at this years Baltimore Comic Con.

You can find me at the following places -

Twitter - @KyleRaios
Facebook - facebook.com/KyleRaios

And you find the project's promotional page at facebook.com/PrimalInstinctComic

Essentially speaking, this book can be best pitched as "Raptors in Space," or a sort of mash-up between "Jurassic Park" and "Battlestar Galactica." Sound crazy? It is. Think of those awesome SyFy channel movies with an unlimted special effects budget. It's gonna be fun!
We'll be seeing space battles, snow battles, dinosaurs with swords, devolved humans, a terraformed earth, and one particularly large fish.*

*I'm not confident about the fish appearing.

The primary work will be the penciling of 12-13 pages to finish the fourth issue, and the entirety of issues 5 and 6. My hope is to have Issue 4 completed in time for Awesome Con at the end of March, but I have realistic expectations and notions of art. It's tight deadline, I admit, but I'd like to meet it.

Additional work will include promotional work (pin-ups, posters, etc.), for the website, Kickstarter, book extras, etc. with a rate to be negotiated later.

At this time, I am looking for a Penciler/Inker, with a preference to those who ink their own work, or have a tag-team partner lined up.

Interested submissions may contact me through my email, KyleRaios@gmail.com - Please put RAPTORS IN SPACE in the subject line so I can spot it away from any of my spam. Plus, how many times do you get to type that phrase?

Please attach samples of SEQUENTIAL artwork, particularly those pieces most pertinent to the aforementioned story - I want to see what you can do with nature, and what you can do with science fiction (even better if you've got examples mixing both). Have you drawn dinosaurs in comics? Show me. I like that stuff.

Completed pages will be paid a rate of $75 per page (negotiable), with payment coming within 5 days of a completed submission (5-7 pages at a time) via PayPal.

One of the major components of the collaboration will involve some research on getting these dinosaurs looking proper - there will be a mix of what we're used to in media, and the feathered dinos we're beginning to see more of now. The greater burden of this will fall to me, but it wouldn't hurt if you've some experience doing academic research (though it's certainly not a requirement).

I do intend to eventually shop the project around for greater distribution, but for now, I want to concentrate my efforts on making it for Awesome and Balti-Con this year.

I'll be taking submissions from the moment this post goes live, until 11:59 PM EST on March 3, 2018.

Ladies and gentleman, thanks for your time. I'm excited to get this going, and I'm looking forward to seeing all the really, really kickass artwork.
KyleRaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 03:43 AM   #2
KyleRaios

KyleRaios will become famous soon enoughKyleRaios will become famous soon enough

I want to thank everyone who applied. It was a TON of submissions. I’ll be making my decision in the next few days. Unfortunately, it’ll be impossible to get back to everyone, but I sincerely thank you for sharing your art with me.
KyleRaios is offline   Reply With Quote