The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Hosted Forums > Womanthology

Old 03-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #31
crumbs

crumbs is on a distinguished road

Name: Bhairavi Patel

Email Address: bhairavikpatel@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I'm a scriptwriter (based in the UK) with experience of working on low-budget features and shorts, I also work in film production as a continuity/script supervisor. I'm new to comic writing but have been developing my own projects, and have also completed a short, 'Hide & Seek', for 'Dead Roots', a zombie comic anthology: http://www.deadroots.co.uk/?p=220.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: No, unfortunately missed the chance before.

Sample of Work: A young maiden waits to be rescued from the top of a tall tower. Centuries pass but she doesn't age a day. Eventually, she finds the 'emergency exit' and discovers that the world outside the tower has changed dramatically.
crumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #32
shalahoyden
Writer, Oddball, Figment

shalahoyden is on a distinguished road

Oh I'm so excited!

Name: Heather Royston

Email Address: shalahoyden@yahoo.com

A Little About Yourself: I have rekindled a love of writing, which I do whenever I can get past the crud that life tends to hand out. I was (and am) thrilled to have been a part of "Heroic" and I hope to be part of the future projects. I'm also now involved in another anthology and possibly others as well as maybe developing a webcomic.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Indeed! "And You Will Know Them by the Rake of Their Hats" was published in "Heroic"

Sample of Work: Give me ONE tagline example for a story if you were to write a short story for Womanthology (meaning a sentence or paragraph describing your idea). The idea isn't for final use, just gives me an example to go by!

A child sneaks out of her bedroom at night and wanders the neighborhood with her teddy bear. When she meets anyone on her excursion, they ask her who is watching out for her, she replies "Bear." When they ask how Bear protects her, they get to experience it first hand. A comedic horror story.
shalahoyden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:03 AM   #33
Essick

Essick is on a distinguished road

Oh, her it goes!

Name: MV Essick

Also my tumblr:mvessick.tumblr.com

Email Address: mvessick@yahoo.com

A Little About Yourself:
By day I am 21 year old college student and by night I am a screenplay writer. Though I have worked on other non-screen writing projects before (everything from poems to online reviews) I've always wanted to write for comics as well but, sadly, never had the time. (or rather the patience!) I am also an artist (both digital and traditional) though I figured I would make my writing shine this time. I heard about this wonderful anthology and I decided to jump at the chance.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: No. But I really, really want to!

Sample of Work: A women and her lover must fight against fascist as well as other ominous forces that threaten their love, and most importantly, their lives in an alternative "post Steampunk" WWII.
Essick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #34
Kaz Mahoney

Kaz Mahoney is on a distinguished road

Name: Karen Mahoney

Email Address: writerkaz AT gmail DOT com

A Little About Yourself: I'm a published author of YA urban fantasy (in both the UK and US), and am also working on my first 24-page comic script for an indie press in Ireland. I've read and loved comics for 30 years!

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: No.

Sample of Work: I'd love to write so many things, but something that springs to mind would be a comics adaptation of a short story I just wrote for a prose anthology. 'One for Sorrow' is a dark fable/fairy tale inspired by the Mother Goose rhyme and Edgar Allan Poe. It's about girl who falls in love with a cursed boy who can turn into a crow.
Kaz Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #35
misstransmission

misstransmission is on a distinguished road

Name: Miss Transmission (Sophie)

Email Address: sophie AT misstransmission DOT co DOT uk

A Little About Yourself: I'm a UK-based writer working behind the scenes in TV by day (and night) and spending every other hour with pen to paper (well, fingers to keyboard). I work mainly on screenplays for television, prose, and blogging (which you can check out on my website), but I've always been interested in comics and graphic novels, especially those starring women.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: No.

Sample of Work: Happy with a life where the most exciting part of the day is breakfast, the daughter of famous superheroes must attend a family reunion - as the only person who hasn't gone into the family business.
misstransmission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #36
VooDooJ

VooDooJ is on a distinguished road

Name: GA Moore

Email Address: Maebettiedusty@yahoo.com

A Little About Yourself: Constant writer, stickler for details.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: No, but there's always a next time.

Sample of Work: A cranky medium at a victorian seance brings some uncomfortable truths to light.
VooDooJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #37
katalinadj

katalinadj is on a distinguished road

Name: Kristi McDowell

Website: www.popculturesushi.com (blog); www.departmental.thewebcomic.com (web comic); www.andyrulestheworld.com (podcast- Live From the Cave Johnson Mancave)

Email Address: kristi.mcdowell@yahoo.com

A Little About Yourself: I'm the author of several comics, webcomics, a pop culture blogger, a podcast personality, and a student of English, writing, and German. Comics are my passion, my reason, my inspiration.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Sadly no.

Sample of Work: A young college woman is dared to enter a local haunted house, where she finds and rescues a maiden with skin as white as snow from a glass coffin.
katalinadj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:17 AM   #38
splinister
Maura McHugh

splinister is on a distinguished road

Name: Maura McHugh

Email: maura (a) splinister dot com

A little about yourself: I'm a writer of two comic book mini-series from Atomic Diner in Ireland - one of which is currently short-listed for an Eagle Award - and my short stories have been published in markets in the UK and America. I live in the West of Ireland and also work as an editor and web content manager for the Irish Playwrights and Screenwriters Guild.

Worked on a Womanthology Project Before?: For Womanthology: Heroic I wrote 'The Nail', drawn by Star St. Germain.

Sample of work: in near-future America small towns put up a vital collateral against loans they need to avoid bankruptcy, but if they default the repo agents are sent in: a mech-suited division that always extracts the collateral no matter the opposition. It's a story about family and cultural debt, and what people will do to survive.
splinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #39
AliWilgus

AliWilgus is on a distinguished road

Name: Alison Wilgus

Email Address: awilgus@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I live in Brooklyn, NY; I studied film and television at NYU but I've mostly worked in comics and animation as a writer and an artist; I adore comics and the community that creates them; I spend most of my time these days trying to finish revisions on my first original graphic novel.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: No, sadly! I didn't hear about the project until too late to get involved.

Sample of Work: An engineer on the Lunar Colony, already exhausted from the grueling work of building a home in the vacuum of space, struggles to be a good mother as well in a community with very few children.
AliWilgus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #40
rosalarian

rosalarian is on a distinguished road

I signed up as an artist but I am also a writer, too!

Name: Megan Rose Gedris

Email Address: megan@rosalarian.com

A Little About Yourself: I've written and illustrated several webcomic series. YU+ME: dream is a surreal romance adventure story that lasted 6 years and spanned 847 pages. I Was Kidnapped By Lesbian Pirates From Outer Space!!! (I'll let you guess what that one's about! :P) is on its 16th issue, and is published by Platinum Studios. NSFW Darlin' It's Betta Down Where It's Wetta is a comic I do for Filthy Figments about a mermaid and her erotic adventures. And Meaty Yogurt is my newest one, about a woman named Jackie trying to escape the curse of mediocrity that's been put on her town. I also do a lot of diary comics on my tumblr. I never get enough sleep.

Sample of Work:
A baby human girl is found in the wreckage of a space ship that crashed on a planet of sentient slugs who've never encountered alien life. The girl grows up and is seen as a superhero, being stronger, faster, and more resilient than the slug race, though it's all normal human stuff that she's doing.
rosalarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #41
Ragnell

Ragnell is on a distinguished road

Name: Lisa Fortuner

Email Address: ragnellthefoul@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I am a nearly 30-year-old technician who has been in the Air Force since High School. I'm currently stationed in Germany and I try to write a little bit whenever my work permits. I've wanted to be a writer since I was child.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Yes, I worked with Cathy Leamy in Womanthology: Heroic.

Sample of Work: To save their isolated paradise, she traveled to the outside world in search of two creatures: a talking snake and an honest man.
Ragnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #42
Nicole Sixx

Nicole Sixx is on a distinguished road

Hey guys!!

Name: Nicole Sixx

Email Address: nicolesixx@comicbooked.com

A Little About Yourself: Published comics creator, established comics journalist, fun horror writer, gallery artist, and web savvy networking girl. I'm also our Womanthology Event's Correspondent! - N

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: All three to date! Am eager to have a chance to write a script as all three projects I have also been arting. If need be I will of course art my own work again tho. I'm a team player.

Sample of Work: This is a an all-ages tale of humanity, heart, and inspiration. With a twist!
Nicole Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #43
RachelPandich

RachelPandich is on a distinguished road

Name: Rachel Pandich

Email Address: radeph@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: Indie comic writer (Aspire), and Womanthology work monkey.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Heroic (LadyBird), Sketchbook (Tea Totaler), Holiday Special (Tis the Season), Events

Sample of Work: For the SPACE, EMPEROR LEER, influenced by Shakespeare's King Lear. This is actually something artist Kate Carleton and I have been toying with/working on. Would LOVE to have it in the newest Womanthology.
RachelPandich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #44
SarahRPerkins

SarahRPerkins is on a distinguished road

Name: Sarah Perkins

Email Address: sarahrperkins@hotmail.com

A Little About Yourself:
I'm an aspiring television writer in Los Angeles. I've loved stories of all kinds since I was old enough to ask "why?" and I've been reading comics since I was in college. The combination of art and words is particularly powerful to me.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?:
Not yet, but my friend Jody Houser did, and after seeing how awesome this was for her and other contributors, I am dying to be part of it.

Sample of Work:
A girl spends her life searching for the perfect outfit. She tries on many styles, from many designers, but nothing quite fits. Eventually, she decides to make her own.
SarahRPerkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #45
Kimberly

Kimberly is on a distinguished road

Name: Kimberly Komatsu

Email Address: kimberly[at]thomasgeorgebooks[dot]com

A Little About Yourself: I'm a children's book author, animal rescuer, and graduate student studying to be a librarian. Reading and writing comics is my passion in life. I love to tap dance and I live in Los Angeles.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Yes, I wrote a story called 'The Aviator and The Elephant' for 'Womanthology Heroic' which was illustrated by artist Tanja Wooten.

Sample of Work: Even in a futuristic society where life as we know it has changed much more than we could ever imagine, the stories and values that a grandmother passes on to her granddaughter show that what's important remains the same.
Kimberly is offline   Reply With Quote