The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > General > Video Games

Old 03-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #181
stahss
the funk of 40,000 years

stahss has disabled reputation

I saw that FTC story a minute ago. My goodness. I'm really curious how BioWare is going to proceed with all of this; Casey Hudson made a statement the other day that didn't...you know, really say anything. Hopefully a "real ending" DLC IS in the works. It's the only way the ending could be truly satisfying, I think. But, I'm not going to burn down BioWare HQ if the end is the end.

I do love the Marauder Shields meme that's come from all of this, though. Nerds can be funny.
stahss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:08 AM   #182
Biofungus
Not for your amusement

Biofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant future

Still playing ME2, despite a sprained elbow/strained forearm: I now have everybody fully loyal except Miranda (and after I saved her sister! That bit... ). Getting ready to enter the Omega 4 relay. Any advice to keep everybody from dying?
Biofungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:31 AM   #183
Jon Dahl
Dust in the wind, dude.

Jon Dahl has much to be proud ofJon Dahl has much to be proud ofJon Dahl has much to be proud ofJon Dahl has much to be proud ofJon Dahl has much to be proud ofJon Dahl has much to be proud ofJon Dahl has much to be proud ofJon Dahl has much to be proud ofJon Dahl has much to be proud ofJon Dahl has much to be proud ofJon Dahl has much to be proud of

Full loyalty on all of your teammates, Garus is a good leader, Legion is good at crawling around tunnels, and Jack is a badass biotic.... And Thane is a good back tracker.

How to Kill a Zombie
Jon Dahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #184
stahss
the funk of 40,000 years

Get all the ship upgrades (except med bay, doesn't matter)!
Old 03-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #185
Mwynn
On THE EDGE

Mwynn has disabled reputation

http://www.facebook.com/masseffect/p...75243029217754

We are aware that there are concerns about a recent post from this account regarding the ending of the game. In this post it was stated that at this time we do not have plans to change the ending.

We would like to clarify that we are actively and seriously taking all player feedback into consideration and have ruled nothing out. At this time we are still collecting and considering your feedback and have not made a decision regarding requests to change the ending.

Your feedback and opinions are of the utmost importance to us. We apologize for any confusion this has caused. Our top priority regarding this discussion is to keep communication with you, our loyal fans, open and productive.

The Edge Online

The Edge Facebook
Mwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #186
Jasen Smith
jasenstation.com

Jasen Smith has much to be proud ofJasen Smith has much to be proud ofJasen Smith has much to be proud ofJasen Smith has much to be proud ofJasen Smith has much to be proud ofJasen Smith has much to be proud ofJasen Smith has much to be proud ofJasen Smith has much to be proud ofJasen Smith has much to be proud ofJasen Smith has much to be proud ofJasen Smith has much to be proud of

I didn't mind the ending so much.
I was bummed about not having more of a team.
I used James, Garrus, or Liara.

EDI was there and Tali came too late in the game for me to care.

All the characters from the second game seemed to be there just to die.
Though they were all very epic and awesome, I wanted them to join me.

With that said, I played good guy Shepard the first time, going through as renegade Shepard.
Renegade Shepard is leaving me with less heroes than Paragon.

Quote:
It's not the successes that count, it's how you bounce back from the failures.

~Fred Duran
Jasen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #187
stahss
the funk of 40,000 years

I was surprised how late in the game Tali shows up. I only used her when I had to. I took Ashley to
Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
Eden Prime and Horizon

because I thought that made sense. Otherwise I rolled with Liara and Garrus 99% of the time. Liara is super useful this time, throwing warp bombs everywhere like a boss

The ending. Right now BioWare is mum about it, but I truly hope there's more to come. Otherwise I think it's just a super unsatisfying and totally nonsensical way to end a 100+ hour epic.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:50 PM   #188
Bishop

Bishop is a splendid one to beholdBishop is a splendid one to beholdBishop is a splendid one to beholdBishop is a splendid one to beholdBishop is a splendid one to beholdBishop is a splendid one to beholdBishop is a splendid one to beholdBishop is a splendid one to beholdBishop is a splendid one to beholdBishop is a splendid one to beholdBishop is a splendid one to behold

I am really close to the end. I've been taking my time to get the Galactic Readiness up to snuff, but last night I decided I just had to get back to the story mode since I was at the point where I can proceed or get more time.

My average galactic readiness is 86% and my EMS is pegged out as high as it will go.

I've primarily been using Javik and Liara, but I'll rotate Garris in from time to time as well. Poor Ashley and Freddie Prinze Jr haven't seen much action at all.

I am anxious to see what all the fuss over the ending is about.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #189
Biofungus
Not for your amusement

Biofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Poor Ashley and Freddie Prinze Jr haven't seen much action at all.
That's not what Sarah Michelle Gellar had to say.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #190
stahss
the funk of 40,000 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Poor Ashley and Freddie Prinze Jr haven't seen much action at all.

I am anxious to see what all the fuss over the ending is about.
I dumped James as soon as I could. And I don't know about BroShep, but for FemShep the dialogue options were basically "be a twat" and "flirt" with nothing in between.

The ending...oh, you'll see. ME3 is 99% amazing and 1% WTF. Curious to hear your thoughts when it's over!
Old 03-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #191
Bishop

Bishop is a splendid one to beholdBishop is a splendid one to beholdBishop is a splendid one to beholdBishop is a splendid one to beholdBishop is a splendid one to beholdBishop is a splendid one to beholdBishop is a splendid one to beholdBishop is a splendid one to beholdBishop is a splendid one to beholdBishop is a splendid one to beholdBishop is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stahss View Post
I dumped James as soon as I could. And I don't know about BroShep, but for FemShep the dialogue options were basically "be a twat" and "flirt" with nothing in between.

The ending...oh, you'll see. ME3 is 99% amazing and 1% WTF. Curious to hear your thoughts when it's over!
BroShep is kind of "Why do you hate me" or "Suck it, jerk", but James warmed to ole BroShep when I let him call me "Loco."
Old 03-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #192
Biofungus
Not for your amusement

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/21/4108/
Old 03-21-2012, 11:10 PM   #193
Jasen Smith
jasenstation.com

Jasen Smith has much to be proud ofJasen Smith has much to be proud ofJasen Smith has much to be proud ofJasen Smith has much to be proud ofJasen Smith has much to be proud ofJasen Smith has much to be proud ofJasen Smith has much to be proud ofJasen Smith has much to be proud ofJasen Smith has much to be proud ofJasen Smith has much to be proud ofJasen Smith has much to be proud of

Having James on your team is like having a Krogan.
You get Carnage up all the way and you can rip through bad guys like crazy.

Quote:

~Fred Duran
Old 03-21-2012, 11:42 PM   #194
Bishop

Finally finished...
Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)

I did the red ending, and thought it was pretty good. It made me scratch my head a bit when Shepard showed up in the wreckage at the end and gasped. So, I watched the other endings on Youtube. I didn't see that part in the other two endings.

I'm thinking the "paragon" ending was the red ending as it results in Shepard somehow surviving, and he looks like he is not on the Citadel. Did this all happen in his head? Did the other two choices lead to indoctrination and the end of life as we know it?

Thoughts?

I like the ending, but I would like a little more clarity on what exactly happened...
Old 03-22-2012, 02:32 AM   #195
Jasen Smith
jasenstation.com

Spoilers below

My ending ended up me going into the large beam and dissolving.
Then the Normandy crew lands on a planet and look around...that was it.

Spoilers above.

Quote:

~Fred Duran