View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 10:36 PM   #55
Renae De Liz
Art Wench

Renae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape Jenkins View Post
I feel like I don't really know enough people or have enough contacts. I don't even have 40 likes on facebook. If I were to raise the money, I'd want to raise it for the entire 6 issues. And even though I've already finished an issue and a half, we'd be talking about around $15,000. I just don't feel right about asking for that kind of money, even if I thought I could raise it. Plus, I don't really know what I'm doing with kickstarter, or what I could offer as rewards. I may have to give it a shot one day soon, as I don't know how I'll get issues 3-6 done any other way. Was Womanthology your first KS?
Is the 15 k for JUST the creative costs for 6 issues? What would be creative costs for each issue, respectively (if I may ask)? If you can tell me that I can try and offer you a scenario for Kickstarter to consider (funding goal, reward types, etc). Basically, while current fanbase is needed for optimal funding (like 10k and up), it's completely possible to earn less than that with no following if you present your project (especially in the video) juuuuuust right.

Womanthology was my first. It was a um, crazy experience to say the least. I saw the lows and highs a Kickstarter can offer. I learned a lot from it.

Creator-Owned Title PETER PAN
Project Manager of Womanthology

Other: Vertigo, Archie, IDW,
Renae De Liz is offline   Reply With Quote