View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 09:49 AM   #236
crognus

crognus is a jewel in the roughcrognus is a jewel in the roughcrognus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by russbrett View Post
I also don't know why you would ship with the flat-rate mailers. A single floppy should only cost around $3 shipped First Class. That would cut your shipping budget in half.
Good to know. I didn't know First Class was cheaper.

Quote:
Now, why are you assuming a print run of 500 copies? Are you just trying to have enough for Kickstarter backers, or are you looking to have enough to sell in local shops or at conventions?
The price I listed was for 3000 copies from http://www.jakprints.com. The per issue price gap between printing 100,500, and 3000 is insane! (100=$1385, 500=$1505, 3000=$2660)

I would like to have enough for local stores and Comicons. SLC, where I live, has a Comicon every 6 months with attendance of around 100,000 people. I want to have enough for a couple conventions.

Quote:
For my Kickstarter, I needed $1000 to complete the artwork for the book.
Your art is so much cheaper than mine -_-
Unfortunately, I'm quite attached to my artists, and I want to get them the wages I think they deserve.

So basically I need to find a supplier that charges less for smaller print quantities? And print only enough to supply backers?
crognus is offline   Reply With Quote