View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 08:25 AM   #4
Scribbly

Scribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud of

I understand is different when the comics books are produced on industrial scale, assembly style for a big publisher. There, the subdivision of artistic chores is a must, due the tight deadlines for making each book. And where the publisher is paying each talent for their work.
On independent mode, self published stuff, I admire these authors capable of doing all by themselves. Script, drawing, inking, lettering and sometimes, coloring. Alone or in partnership with one writer as much. For me, these are the real authors and creators. IMHO.
But after all, everything is flexible. Regarding the circumstances and who is who in the project.
Personally, if I work with help, over commissioned work, I won't call them collaborators but assistants to whom I pay for their work right after their job is done.
For personal projects, I would rather work all by myself. The fact of working on my own project, regardless any economical success is all the reward I need.

https://www.deviantart.com/savideduardo
Scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote