View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 03:18 PM   #48
Scribbly

Scribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud of

I don't really have any concern about the typos we can use to substitute the original logo but about the use of the character's name itself. An Arial bold would make it.
I think that what is important is to keep well established that this is a fan fiction HOMAGE to Hellboy, made by members of the DW forums.
I will rather put the word Homage to Hellboy instead of Featuring Hellboy in the title.
Featuring sounds like we already have the author's or publisher's OK to do this. Which is not.
An homage is more humble and it express the meaning of this whole group project. IMHO.

I am graphic designer, illustrator and I do licensing material as well.
Comics not that much. Mostly for hobby nowadays.
A trademark means somebody use others IP without permission, ends on court.
But as a group's homage, without commercial purpose, only for the exposure, we have a great chance of make it well. I wouldn't hesitate. WE are already there.

https://www.deviantart.com/savideduardo/gallery/
Scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote