View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 11:56 PM   #32
Fred Duran
Master Lurker

Fred Duran is a splendid one to beholdFred Duran is a splendid one to beholdFred Duran is a splendid one to beholdFred Duran is a splendid one to beholdFred Duran is a splendid one to beholdFred Duran is a splendid one to beholdFred Duran is a splendid one to beholdFred Duran is a splendid one to beholdFred Duran is a splendid one to beholdFred Duran is a splendid one to beholdFred Duran is a splendid one to behold

I'm a writer (or so I tell myself). I'm definitely no artist and I can barely even dream of calling myself a letterer (trying though!). But even still, I don't see the argument here.

If my script is messed up, the penciler either A) gives me a similarly messed up page or B) doesn't draw it at all (which is probably better for both of us in the long run). Let me be clear - I'm in NO WAY comparing writing a comic page to penciling or inking or coloring or lettering it, but it's essentially an assembly line, right? If we were making a car instead of a comic, and you were making the engine, wouldn't you want - even NEED - to know the size specifications, and how everything fits together? And moreover, if you got them wrong, could you really expect the guys down at painting and detailing to fix it?

-Fred
Email | Twitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kep!
Carry around a 12-pack of condoms and Gatorade at all times.
Fred Duran is offline   Reply With Quote