View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 07:14 PM   #43
Renae De Liz
Art Wench

Renae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Asking them to protect themselves is absurd. and it is our responsibility to look out for them. If we see them getting taken advantage of, we damn well shouldn't be taking notes on how to fuck them over ourselves, we should be calling that shit out, and letting them know, they are being used.
I can see what you're trying to say. May I ask though, if he would have taken money from a Publisher to print the physical copies, wouldn't that be okay by you?

If so, then why is it so bad that he chose to go straight to the readers himself to sell the book, and keep the money that would have gone to a middle man (a Publisher)? I would think that more money to the creator is better than a big cut to a publisher. I think he made a good choice.

The people obviously had a demand for a physical copy of the book, despite it being for free online. He's not taking advantage of people if they want what he's selling.

I do respect your opinions on things, I just feel it's unfair to call projects names and saying people are scammers when they are only in fact trying to rely less on Publishers and be more in charge of their own sales. This is not much different than putting the book up for pre-sale on his own site, except this way he is able to reach out to a lot more people.

I do understand that people don't like the pre-done work on Kickstarter though. If I had a choice it would go to people who need it to complete their work rather than those who have already done it. So I get that side of the argument. So far though, KS seems capable of supporting all endeavors. Hopefully that aspect won't change.

Creator-Owned Title PETER PAN
Project Manager of Womanthology

Other: Vertigo, Archie, IDW,
Renae De Liz is offline   Reply With Quote