Digital Webbing Forums

Digital Webbing Forums (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/index.php)
-   DW Group Project (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   original XMEN DW group project covers and art (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179686)

12013 12-16-2017 09:28 PM

original XMEN DW group project covers and art
 
so while this new project is getting off the ground and started.. some have expressed interest in seeing the OLD pages from the original project. its hard for me to be able to get all 70 or so pages up in one shot. so I will add slowly as I go, but to start..here are the covers for issue 1 and 2 of the last 2 group projects we did here. to show the kind of work that has been produced by people that have been members of this site and wanted to participate in a project just cause comics are FUN.

first up... the double page spread by IZIK BELL with colors by JESSE HEAGY. I love this thing...

https://pre00.deviantart.net/1e5c/th...01-dbwx562.jpg






and then..THIS one. holy crap. I reached out to Renae De Liz. y'all better know who SHE is. I asked if she wanted to take part. and she did. she penciled this cover, which I inked(not very well) and then she mentioned on her facebook page that we needed someone to color this and about 12 different versions came in. I had to choose 1. it was hard. but THIS SHIT right here just blew me away. I love what the colorist did here. his name is Sam Santos. this just looks amazing to me.

https://img00.deviantart.net/d3d0/i/...01-dbwx5ic.jpg

jeffchris50 12-17-2017 12:29 PM

Very cool to see! Thanks for posting those, Rob!

12013 12-18-2017 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffchris50 (Post 1871843)
Very cool to see! Thanks for posting those, Rob!

Ill try to at least get some of the other pages uploaded sometime

sevans 12-18-2017 08:58 PM

that would be cool to see again.

12013 12-21-2017 08:26 PM

heres some more of the pages from issue 1 of the past xmen project. it take a while to upload and link all of these, so I am just doing the stuff that I liked the most. I just cant do ALL of them... so..heres some art that we all did for the FIRST group project. ill have some from issue 2 eventually here...

THIS is what got it all started. my friend IZIK BELL drew these first pages (and this first one colored by Jesse Heagy) and then stopped to do other stuff. I drew the follow up..and that's what got people on board to do the rest..

https://pre00.deviantart.net/f03c/th...01-dbxetic.jpg

https://pre00.deviantart.net/1102/th...01-dbxetn3.jpg


and then these next 2 pages are by me following up with Iziks pages
https://pre00.deviantart.net/3d58/th...01-dbxeuvl.jpg

https://pre00.deviantart.net/6b91/th...01-dbxev15.jpg

and then these were done by a guy here on the site named "effess". love his work.
https://pre00.deviantart.net/79db/th...01-dbxevd7.jpg

https://pre00.deviantart.net/01d0/th...01-dbxevj7.jpg

https://pre00.deviantart.net/5ea5/th...01-dbxevqs.jpg

12013 12-21-2017 08:29 PM

and then these pages were mine as well.. someone was supposed to draw them but backed out at the last minute. so I did all 4 of these pages in a single night. which is why they suck so much. still...fun..

https://pre00.deviantart.net/e26a/th...01-dbxevu2.jpg

https://pre00.deviantart.net/b189/th...01-dbxew9v.jpg

https://pre00.deviantart.net/51a4/th...01-dbxewc9.jpg

https://pre00.deviantart.net/8e09/th...01-dbxewio.jpg

sevans 12-22-2017 04:45 AM

for 4 pages in a single night, they are pretty good actually.

DCdraw 12-22-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12013 (Post 1871946)
and then these pages were mine as well.. someone was supposed to draw them but backed out at the last minute. so I did all 4

Oh please...backed out at the last minute to what? That implies there was a deadline or due date,which there clearly wasn't. And I was only contributing one page anyway.

12013 12-22-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCdraw (Post 1871960)
Oh please...backed out at the last minute to what? That implies there was a deadline or due date,which there clearly wasn't. And I was only contributing one page anyway.

oh I'm sorry...was that you? I didn't keep track that close. all I know is someone was going to do this and then said they wouldn't. so I did.

oh please indeed.

I don't need negative vibes here. this is all for fun sir.

12013 12-22-2017 05:15 PM

anyway..

heres more..

from Grendel

https://pre00.deviantart.net/4ecd/th...01-dbxewlt.jpg

https://pre00.deviantart.net/3a46/th...01-dbxewpk.jpg

and then these..by Saul Haber, did a great follow up to grendels pages.
https://pre00.deviantart.net/db5f/th...01-dbxewsd.png

https://pre00.deviantart.net/a48b/th...01-dbxewx4.png

DCdraw 12-22-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12013 (Post 1871962)
oh I'm sorry...was that you? I didn't keep track that close. all I know is someone was going to do this and then said they wouldn't. so I did.

oh please indeed.

I don't need negative vibes here. this is all for fun sir.

It's convenient to get hazy with the particulars AFTER you get called out on your bs.
The fact is you had my layout for that 1 page for weeks so you doing 4 pages in one night is entirely on you and not because some person backed out at the last minute...again not even sure where the last minute part comes from when there wasn't a set deadline imposed...it was always more like get it done when you can.
So please stop trying to spin it into something it's not, that's it.

12013 12-22-2017 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCdraw (Post 1871966)
It's convenient to get hazy with the particulars AFTER you get called out on your bs.
The fact is you had my layout for that 1 page for weeks so you doing 4 pages in one night is entirely on you and not because some person backed out at the last minute...again not even sure where the last minute part comes from when there wasn't a set deadline imposed...it was always more like get it done when you can.
So please stop trying to spin it into something it's not, that's it.

my BS? what the hell are you on pal? I never called YOU out at all. I had no idea who it was 2 years later. I had to look up who you were to remember. "hazy on the details". wtf.
all I said was someone was going to do it..and never did. so I did it. and yeah..i turned it into what I wanted.

yeah..you are right. I DID have your layout..for WEEKS. people kept producing. you had other priorities. good. fine. whatever. in my desire to keep the thing ongoing and SOMEwhat coherent, I had to do the part you said you would.

but I didn't say anything about you..you were the one that had to chime in here all ego bruised and defend yourself..for..what reason now? no one was talking about you.
"stop spinning it". :yawn:

SSTiger 12-23-2017 02:22 AM

You know, DC, you could've just said:

"Yeah, that was me. I didn't back out; I had a lot of IRL stuff going on at the time so I couldn't get it done when you guys were wrapping things up."

See how much more amicable that conversation could've been?

Morganza 12-23-2017 06:30 AM

I could have sworn I did a page for this, maybe it was something else.

DCdraw 12-23-2017 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSTiger (Post 1871971)
You know, DC, you could've just said:

"Yeah, that was me. I didn't back out; I had a lot of IRL stuff going on at the time so I couldn't get it done when you guys were wrapping things up."

See how much more amicable that conversation could've been?

Yes, you are right, I could've been a little more mellow in my approach.
Still though, I totally did back out...where I take issue is that it was not at the last minute like he's saying and my contribution certainly wasnt enough for him to have to scramble to get 4 pages done in one night.

Edit: and I apologize for derailing the thread but, I'm not sure how I'm supposed not say anything if someone is twisting the facts to suit their own purpose and it pertains to me.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1997-2015 Digital Webbing, LLC