PDA

View Full Version : 52 Week 21: Big spoilers.

The Scribe
10-13-2006, 06:06 PM
http://dccomics.com/comics/?cm=5950

Infinity Inc fights the new BlockBuster.

What happened and why would Trajectory lose her powers when she was fighting BlockBuster? She was killed, the impact busted her head open. :(

Wait...

I just look at the comic again. Why and how is Luthor controlling the Infinity Inc. members? He turned Trajectory's power off!?

OK, so who bought it and what did you think?

BIGROD
10-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Not too much of a spoiler considering this is "Week 23" and that all happened two issues ago :whistlin:

The Scribe
10-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Well, some people haven't read it yet. I just wanted to warn them. ;)

I just reread it and wanted to post. Also, I didn't see a post for week 21.

Moonrider
10-14-2006, 12:49 AM
SPOILER for those who haven't read it.

The new Infiity Inc. members shown were Luthor's kids from the Everyman Project, not the real members who were supposedly disbanded and the original Skyman dead. Since they came from Luthor's artifical meta-human triggering, it came into knowledge by John Henry Irons in the previous issues that whatever super powers Luthor gave them he can easily take it away at the push of a button.
And the new Blockbuster is actually from Luthor's meta-human program as well, secretly made for them to fight. That's why Luthor can suddenly amp his power the same way he did the opposite to Trajectory.

Paul Sanderson
10-14-2006, 04:13 AM
Sounds kinda dopey to me...

The Scribe
10-14-2006, 03:30 PM
Sounds kinda dopey to me...

Dopey?

I kind of like it, kinda of don't.

I wish they didn't kill Trajectory. Since this is a comic she can be brought back. ;)

Moonrider
10-14-2006, 05:15 PM
Dopey?

I kind of like it, kinda of don't.

I wish they didn't kill Trajectory. Since this is a comic she can be brought back. ;)

Unlikely. She's an unfortunate cannon fodder. The plot itself is not too impressive, but it is interesting because now we get to see how normal humans really react to the world of superheroism in the DC Universe. Nuklon's argument with Hotspot pictured it quite nicely into perspective.

Gonzogoose
10-14-2006, 05:21 PM
It's not so much that Lex can just take them away, he built a failsafe into them when he gave them the powers. He killed Trajectory for a number of reasons. One, she was annoying him. Two, she was a Flash groupie, which could spell trouble later. And three, for ratings. He's a businessman and knows cameras are rolling. He did it to gain sympathy for his team.

It's actually pretty well done, dopey or not.

Paul Sanderson
10-14-2006, 05:58 PM
Dopey is dopey is dopey.

Mwynn
10-14-2006, 07:51 PM
http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Jan07/52_35_solicit.jpg

Mwynn
10-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Dopey is dopey is dopey.
Dopey would not even fit into this. Lex is smart, why create something that could turn on him later? He is thinking 10 steps ahead as usual.

Gonzogoose
10-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Dopey is dopey is dopey.

And you're entitled to your opinion. For me, 52 is one of the best titles on the shelves right now and is the first one I read each week.

Moonrider
10-14-2006, 11:57 PM
Holy hell...those are burning people in the picture isn't it? That's probably the most shocking and disturbing depiction of lex Luthor yet. Can't believe he was once a Michael Rosenbaum type of character...

Mwynn
10-15-2006, 10:58 AM
Yeah they are burning people, more than likley Infinity Inc. Lex is playing for keeps.

Paul Sanderson
10-15-2006, 06:02 PM
What's life without a nice roast once in awhile? :laugh: