PDA

View Full Version : Wildcats Preview

Mwynn
10-11-2006, 08:33 AM
http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Oct06/previews/wildcats.html

jeffers
10-11-2006, 12:28 PM
As much as I love Morrison, and grew up wishing I lived in a comic drawn by Jim Lee...

None of this looks interesting, so far...

hellblazer72
10-11-2006, 02:26 PM
i'm going to get it because it sounds interesting from what i read about it and morrison's a genius...i just wish jim lee would move out of his comfort zone and do the book in the style he did the authority special or the pin up for 100 bullets...

MARK A ROBINSON
10-11-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm not too crazy about the neon colors here.

very reminescent of the early Image books.Maybe that's what they are going for?

but it's bright.

M.

Nitecrawlah2
10-11-2006, 07:02 PM
Looks like they went back to the old 90s Image color palate. WTF? In any case, this book's on order solely because of Grant Morrison's involvement with the title. And perhaps I was hoping we'd get some better artwork from Jim Lee... :yawn:

MARK A ROBINSON
10-12-2006, 11:37 AM
Looks like they went back to the old 90s Image color palate. WTF? In any case, this book's on order solely because of Grant Morrison's involvement with the title. And perhaps I was hoping we'd get some better artwork from Jim Lee... :yawn:

Yeah I feel you on the whole "90's image thing" here- It looks like the only thing it's missing is those gold fleece trading cards.

It seems that Wildstorm has no idea what to do with these books. NONE. Wildcats and The Authority are constantly flip floping books with great concepts and great characters and suffer from creative team A.D.D.

Name one title on Wildstorms banner that has made it at least thru 3 years of continuity?

J.C. Vice
10-12-2006, 11:42 AM
I am going pick this up...

I really enjoy everything Lee has done over the years I have been reading comics. Plus I was big Wild C.A.T.s fan in the 90's and this looks to be on same level.

Wayne Drake
10-13-2006, 04:30 PM
I recgnize that guy in the purple hero suit from Planetary...I thought he was Elijah Snow, but now I'm more confused.

madtheory
10-14-2006, 06:01 PM
Actually the guy in the purple suit, looks like The High from one of the Stormwatch tpb, Change or Die. :kewl:

JamieRoberts
10-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Isn't the guy on the last page Deadbolt from the Dark Riders in the X-Men comics? If not, striking resemblance.

Mmm. I lost interest in Jim Lee when he co-founded Image, but Morrison might tempt me to at least give this a shot. Maybe.

dlwdirector
10-14-2006, 07:44 PM
I'll check out anything Jim Lee does. I'll continue reading it until Morrison leaves or another, vastly inferior, artist gets on board.

And if you all check out the 'World Storm' one-shot/premier book, it list Dustin Nguyn (artist of wilcats 3.0) as the regular artist of THIS wildcats book. So Lee has already planned his escape off the book. Guess he'd rather draw all star batman...which I rather not buy.

pi0trov
10-14-2006, 07:50 PM
And if you all check out the 'World Storm' one-shot/premier book, it list Dustin Nguyn (artist of wilcats 3.0) as the regular artist of THIS wildcats book. So Lee has already planned his escape off the book. Guess he'd rather draw all star batman...which I rather not buy.
I'm happy to hear Nguyen's taking over this book. Jim Lee's great and all, but I'll add a vote to the concern over his keeping to the schedule. I'm guessing Dustin will come on board after he finishes up Manifest Eternity (which is a great book, by the way).

But I'm a 'Cats mark anyway, so I'd probably be picking up this book regardless of who was doing it, but it's even better with Morrison attached.

Moonrider
10-15-2006, 12:03 AM
The return of Hellspont, huh?

Lovecraft13
10-22-2006, 06:53 PM
I love Morrison's work, but the book sucked. I think the taint of co-writing 52 has clipped off his storytelling nutsack for the time being. I bet you by book ten, Morrison was like, "kill me."

Ian Ascher
10-22-2006, 07:22 PM
I read the 1st issue....

I like it. Keep in mind, so far issue #1 takes place one month before Capt. Atom re-created the Wildstorm Universe with his exit after his crossover mini-series. Seeds are being planted and there's about two years real time between the last run and this one of the book so a lot of things have changed.

I don't mind the a classic 90's Image book with a Morrison twist. Could be very interesting.

hellblazer72
10-23-2006, 07:54 AM
i think i remember reading in wizard when they were still planning the new wildstorm universe, that morrison wanted a type of 90's feel with big panels and such...in one of the issues according to morrison the wildcats will go against the authority....

Troy Wall
10-26-2006, 12:02 AM
Orders for Wildcats #2 have been cancelled to be resolicited in January for a March release.

pi0trov
10-26-2006, 12:26 AM
Orders for Wildcats #2 have been cancelled to be resolicited in January for a March release.
So, by the time it finally comes out, Nguyen will be drawing it anyway. That's fine... one more comic I don't have to worry about collecting for 6 months.

JasonM
10-26-2006, 09:35 AM
Why is it these companies, these well established companies, can't seem to hold to a schedule? Just get the darn books made BEFORE soliciting them! And this is supposed to be their big relaunch?

secondrater
10-26-2006, 07:36 PM
I think the porblem in this case is that they're spreading the talent too thin. Morrison's too busy trying to transform the DCU into a sentient being and Lee's busy running wildstrom...I mean, anyone following ASB+R would see that he can't even keep up with a bi-monthly schedule...
I'm not berating either of the creators...I'm just suggesting that they're over worked.
I didn't know if I would really follow this book anyways, so I guess there's my answer..

secondrater
10-26-2006, 08:07 PM
I find it a little suspect that Morrison is writing a comic that was part of a movement that he originally poked fun at anyways...
anyone else recall Doom Force #1 and its critique of the Image art and storytelling style?

carriertone
11-11-2006, 05:30 AM
Name one title on Wildstorms banner that has made it at least thru 3 years of continuity?

Do you mean 3 years of continuity without being late once or twice, or just three years. What about Ex Machina? Or Planetary? Of course that's still only 2 titles. What's up Wildstorm?

- C

J.C. Vice
11-15-2006, 09:48 AM
Read the 1st issue and it seems to be cool; but it is only the 1st issue. Guess I am gonna have to wait awhile to read the next issue :man: