PDA

View Full Version : The Witching Hour

Ian Ascher
10-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Was sifting through one of my many long boxes and came across this three issue deluxe series by Jeph Loeb and Chris Bachalo published by Vertigo back in 1999.

I remember buying it, I even remember reading it, but for the life of me I couldn't remember what it was about. I've since started to read it again and it's a very interesting tale with a beautiful mix of comics and prose with illustration.

I've seen these at convenstions for around $2 and issue (they had a $5.95 price tage even back in '99... yikes).

Highly recomended for anyone looking for something a little different.

pi0trov
10-02-2006, 10:21 PM
I'm pretty sure I didn't know who Loeb was in '99, but I picked this up just for Bachalo's art (heck, I bought that atrocious Stan Lee Catwoman book just because he drew it). I also remember liking this series, but I'm not sure why either. I might have to go dig out my copies and re-read 'em. Thanks for the reminder.

carriertone
10-06-2006, 05:45 AM
This is some of Bachalo's finest work. He really hit his stride with this and Generation X.

Moonrider
10-06-2006, 06:10 AM
Yeah, I heard back then Bachalo was also known as 'that Vertigo guy'.

hellblazer72
10-06-2006, 07:53 AM
to me the best bachalo stuff is his shade the changing man work...i'm not a fan of the cartoony manga stuff....i was at first but not now