PDA

View Full Version : Perspective Trouble! Please Help Fast!

prochristi86
09-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Hello,

I am trying to draw a PERFECT SQUARE in one point perspective, with the square receding into space. I've looked at this website (http://studiochalkboard.evansville.edu/lp-square.html), but it doesn't give you any method of drawing a perfect square in perspective from the beginning -- instead, you just transfer a square. The problem is that I've got to get a certain dimension of square in perspective, so I will/would have to keep redrawing the top square at different sizes, over and over, until I can get it to transfer at the right size. I would also really appreciate knowing how you all handle this sort of thing in your sequentials.

Help quickly would be much appreciated, as right now I'm kinda STUCK! Thanks!

James Smith

eve
09-12-2006, 06:50 PM
If you know where you want your cube to be and at what size, I'd just draw the front horizontal, connect the outsides to the vanishing point (the VP in the middle of the cone of vision) and find the depth of the square by connecting one of those outsides of the line to the diagonal VP (= VP's on the circle) on the opposite side. You can see what I mean by looking at the dark green lines in the diagram you posted.

prochristi86
09-12-2006, 08:02 PM
I think I understand now, eve. Thank you!

James Smith