PDA

View Full Version : need some help

azrael
08-11-2006, 12:58 AM
im working on a story(that i hope to one day be a graphic novel), and this guy ( a former cage fighter,big guy though, think Marv from Sin City meets Kane{the wrestler}) 'dies'. he comes back and gets a new identity, but i haven't come up with a new job for his new identity.

help me pls! thnx.

The Anti-crest
08-11-2006, 01:05 AM
does someone back from the dead need a job?

he could be a bouncer at a night club. I guess.

Hyenadoc
08-11-2006, 01:11 AM
How about something poetic, like a late-night morgue attendant. He could literally stumble into the job. :)

JonHParrish
08-11-2006, 04:25 AM
Or for the sake of comedy, he could be a kindergarten teacher. :laugh:
No seriously. It would rock.

chrisjohnwagner
08-11-2006, 10:37 AM
I know when I see a story that consist of someone returning from the dead, the number one thing I think is what type of job can this character get. I would suggest extra in zombie horror movies.

Eric Palicki
08-11-2006, 10:42 AM
Do you mean to say he returns in a supernatural way, or that he fakes his death?

Trey of Diamonds
08-11-2006, 10:59 AM
Simple, have him get jobs through a temp agency. That way he can do part time work that doesn't tie him down or get him in trouble when he has to disappear for days or weeks on end.

http://www.salary.com/careers/layouthtmls/crel_display_nocat_Ser105_Par202.html

Awesomus Prime
08-11-2006, 11:07 AM
I think alot depends on the circumstances of his 'death'. If he was a violent guy it might be nice to see him at a desk job. Think like in the Incredibles.

azrael
08-11-2006, 12:45 PM
he fakes his death, he doesn't come back as a zombie. the kindergarten teacher/temp agency/desk job are all appealing, thnx guys. keep'em coming.

that and tha s.hit is bananas, b-a-n-a-n-a-s! :banana:

Balthazar
08-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Bit of a rip-off, but how bout a hero/detective for hire?

dano
08-11-2006, 05:39 PM
You're working on a story that you want to turn into a GN but you don't even know basics of who your character is?!

How far along is this "story"? :blink:

DamonX
08-11-2006, 07:14 PM
He becomes a "born-again" preacher!
:laugh:

azrael
08-12-2006, 02:01 AM
im only on the second chapter, besides this is a rough draft. ive sketched out like the big details and ive got alot of other supporting characters details done.

frankenwookie
08-12-2006, 10:50 AM
im working on a story(that i hope to one day be a graphic novel), and this guy ( a former cage fighter,big guy though, think Marv from Sin City meets Kane{the wrestler}) 'dies'. he comes back and gets a new identity, but i haven't come up with a new job for his new identity.

help me pls! thnx.
Not to nit-pick, but where does this story take place. This could help in finding said character a job. Is he decomposing as the story goes or simply picked up where his life left off with a new identity. By new identity do you reconstruction or in name only. I am not trying to be a pest or anything just trying to help construct a scenario.

azrael
08-13-2006, 01:04 AM
it takes place in a fictional city, Corazon City. a mix of a Gotham and Basin(Sin) City.

The Anti-crest
08-13-2006, 01:22 AM
it takes place in a fictional city, Corazon City. a mix of a Gotham and Basin(Sin) City.

you ever read Alan Moores "writing for comics"? He says you should create an entire world in your mind of where the charecter lives before you start writing. Even though most of the stuff wont make it into the comic, there are things you can do to help make the world seem more complete.

Plan the layout of the city(Gotham and Sin City have their own layouts), think about whats outside of the city, Gotham is for instance on the east coast, Sin City is in the middle of the desert. Think about the people who live there, what types of clubs they go to, what type of music is popular, what type of art is hanging on the walls of the peoples homes. Think about what their popular trends are and what the city thrives on. In Sin City the most popular thing is to just be a criminal and a bar junkie, or a corrupt cop, or a mobster. but in Gotham you have factories, you have warehouses, you have dock workers, you have television reporters, you have military bases and so forth.

Get it?