PDA

View Full Version : Adobe illustrators combine to form...

Calloway
07-20-2006, 03:45 PM
an answer to my question. Not sure where else I could have put this question.

How can I create a realistic ink blot in illustrator?

Kinda like this:

http://scrapperking.com/store/images/inksplatterstamp.jpg

Scaleyinx
07-20-2006, 05:33 PM
In Illustrator CS, you can open up your Brushes window, then click on the drop down menu and go to Open Brush Library > Artistic_ Ink. From there you should find a bunch of ink brushes and some stamp looking boxes on top with ink splatter, ink drop, ink bombs, etc. I like to pick out Fountain Pen and then dapple a small drop (stroke), then while it is still selected you can click on any of the stamp boxes and experiment with each style.

Hope that helps. :)

Calloway
07-20-2006, 09:03 PM
That's what I thought but apparently my library is muy poquito.

MadCow Menu
07-21-2006, 07:56 AM
You can do a search for brushes that you can download and install into Illustrator too.

Ingrid K. V. Hardy
07-21-2006, 03:04 PM
You can do a search for brushes that you can download and install into Illustrator too.

Just be sure of what you're downloading - don't do like me and download a bunch of &$"/$*! trojans that take over everything! :man: Downloading brushes is how I got mine. I think.

Calloway
07-22-2006, 01:10 AM
I found the brushes (I was looking in the wrong spot). Nice that I can vary them. I am really getting peeved with illustrator (I'm a vector illiterate foo). I can't use the fill bucket after the first later. I have no clue how to ink with it , like musgrave. I'm going to draw my myspace background by hand and try to work from there in illustrator, but man they made the thing over complicated.

ArtisticBlasts
07-22-2006, 07:12 AM
I found the brushes (I was looking in the wrong spot). Nice that I can vary them. I am really getting peeved with illustrator (I'm a vector illiterate foo). I can't use the fill bucket after the first later. I have no clue how to ink with it , like musgrave. I'm going to draw my myspace background by hand and try to work from there in illustrator, but man they made the thing over complicated. LilGreenMan, where did you download the brush from? Mind to share the URL address with me? :)

MadCow Menu
07-22-2006, 02:30 PM
www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=illustrator+brushes+download

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=illustrator+brushes+download&sm=Yahoo%21+Search&fr=FP-tab-web-t&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8

Calloway
07-22-2006, 07:25 PM
I didn't download it, I just overlooked where the brushes scaleyinx talked about.

ArtisticBlasts
07-22-2006, 10:22 PM
www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=illustrator+brushes+download

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=illustrator+brushes+download&sm=Yahoo%21+Search&fr=FP-tab-web-t&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8 Thanks for the URL addresses, MadCow Menu :)

ArtisticBlasts
07-22-2006, 10:28 PM
I didn't download it, I just overlooked where the brushes scaleyinx talked about. I see. Thanks for mentioning, and sorry for the confusions :(

danedawg99
07-29-2006, 07:20 PM
I found the brushes (I was looking in the wrong spot). Nice that I can vary them. I am really getting peeved with illustrator (I'm a vector illiterate foo). I can't use the fill bucket after the first later. I have no clue how to ink with it , like musgrave. I'm going to draw my myspace background by hand and try to work from there in illustrator, but man they made the thing over complicated.
inking in Illy, it's easier to use your pen tool and draw around your lines. make them into shapes. here's a good starting point. link (http://www.pensnpixels.com/digink.htm)

Vivova
08-02-2006, 09:12 AM
Where you get it???

danedawg99
08-12-2006, 01:51 PM
"Where you get" what?

Biofungus
08-12-2006, 07:10 PM
VOLTRON!

Form feet and legs!

Form arms and body!

and I'll form... the head!

Sorry, with that title, I couldn't resist... :p

Calloway
08-12-2006, 08:58 PM
it was based on transformers...i am so disappointed in you mark.

Biofungus
08-12-2006, 09:42 PM
No, in transformers they say "merge to form".

I'm disappointed in you Geo.

Calloway
08-12-2006, 11:24 PM
Yeah, the decepticons!

Biofungus
08-13-2006, 12:52 AM
I know the Constructicons say it, but for some reason, all I can recall in my head is, "Combaticons! merge to form... BRUTICUS!"