PDA

View Full Version : Exercise: I'm your editor

KH
05-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Exercise:

I'm the editor of Gagging Comics. Make me happy. You've done your research and know that GC's target audience is late teens to thirty somethings. Most likely men. Gagging's biggest sale is off of Super Duper Hero Man but that run is coming to an end at the end of the month. The company is looking for something new to fill the void. No characters, concepts, settings can be used from rival companies.

The end goal is to get me to get past this stage and read your script.

Please post:

1. A pitch. 50 words or LESS.
2. Overall plot concept and setting... take as much room as you'd like but shorter is better imo. Is this an open ended serial or is it a one shot? Etc. If there are going to be multiple story arcs, summarize them if possible. Get me as much information on your vision here as possible.
3. Short description of the main protagonist(s) and antagonist(s).
4. A 1 page "sample" with no more than 6 panels to get an idea of your writing.
5. If you want comments from me (or other posters) please include a SASE envelope and let us know that you want critique from Gagging Comics.

Submissions must be in by Wednesday, May 10 so there isn't much time! The winning submission will be determined by me solely and posted sometime after that --- hopefully by next Friday. If you have any questions, go ahead and post here.

kdmelrose
05-05-2006, 12:16 PM
Is this OK'd by DarkOra, the Showcase moderator?

KH
05-05-2006, 12:37 PM
oops ... i really had no idea i had to check and apologize if there's been a breach in rules. just thought it would be a fun to do.

PM sent to DarkOra... so i guess this is on hold until he either locks or OKs.