PDA

View Full Version : World's Finest

cesare2009
11-01-2017, 04:47 PM
Digital Pencils. 11X5 inches in the real world. Trying to achieve the same aesthetic as my favorite two modern artists, Jason Fabok and Ivan Reis.

http://www.cesaretatarelli.com/samples/worlds_finest.jpg

tylerjrider
11-01-2017, 07:08 PM
I love your lighting on Batman. and the tiny lines that change the value of the bat on his chest. This is a tough angle to draw faces from and I applaud you. The angle on Superman's nose could use a bit of work, but overall this is a sweet drawing.

cesare2009
11-01-2017, 10:22 PM
Hey tylerj

Thanks so much for the kind words!

yeah a challenging angle but worth the effort, really gives the heads a 3 dimensional feel, if you achieve it....Supes gave me fits and I agree with you, Batman's logo, I got that right after several tries!

jeffchris50
11-01-2017, 11:43 PM
Glad to see you make a return to hallowed halls, Cesare, and is a really spectacular way! "Up the nose" shots (as our college photography teacher used to call them) are amongst some of the most ambitious and troubling angles to pull off, but you got the job done here (moreso with Bats, who should be way harder to pull off than a guy wearing no headgear whatsoever) in a way that would make some of the upshot masters (Gil Kane, Adams and, yes, your man Reis) proud.

Bats LOOKS stunning in this shot and his cowl is impeccable. I'm not exactly sure what it is about Supes that is off, but there's something weird about him. I'll study it more and see if I can zero in on what it is.

Regardless, gorgeous piece and, I hope, the beginning of another wave of wonderfulness from your hands to our eyes!

cesare2009
11-02-2017, 12:38 AM
Hey Jeff, high praise indeed the difference being those guys get it right every time! Glad you like it! Pretty sure Supes eyes are too close, or his left one should be over some.....left ear too high I think...details details...as for being easier, bats doesnt have eyes ...or ears....

11-04-2017, 09:56 PM
yeah, batman looks pretty good. and the face of superman is a fine face... but it doesn't look like SUPERMAN to me. needs a stronger jaw or something. that guy could be..i don't know..cyclops or something.. but not superman.
but that's just my tastes.

good drawings either way.

cesare2009
11-05-2017, 12:56 AM
Thought something was missing.

http://www.cesaretatarelli.com/samples/trinity.jpg

jeffchris50
11-05-2017, 02:05 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Icing on the cake, cesare. After all, where would the boys be without Wonder Woman to keep 'em in line? :happy:

cesare2009
11-05-2017, 10:22 PM
her hair should be blowing at least a little bit though! How did I NOT think of that....

jeffchris50
11-06-2017, 12:22 AM
her hair should be blowing at least a little bit though! How did I NOT think of that....

I'm sure that's a sitch you'll likely rectify 'cause that's just the kinda artist you are, bro...