PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Professional Sequential Artist - PAID

andyjcomic
10-07-2017, 05:46 PM
I'm looking for an experienced professional penciller/inker to work with me on a comic book I am just finishing writing.

You must be an experienced sequential artist and I must be able to see examples of your sequential work.

The style I'm looking for is dark/gritty/ noir-ish: the comic is a very dark comedy with elements of organised crime, horror, humour, the undead and a smidge of the supernatural.

I'm English and live in the UK so the book has a distinctly British tone as regards language humour and setting.

It also involves 2 timelines so you'll need to be versatile enough to deal with this.
You'll also be skilled with physical action and facial expressions (like I said: humour / horror etc).

The book is 22 pages. The whole story encompasses a series of books. Depending on how well this first one turns out, I'll likely be running a Kickstarter Campaign to help fund following books.

This is the first book I have written so you must be assertive enough to push back if necessary (not edit me, but tell me if my direction is lacking / not explicit enough).

I'm funding the first book completely and I'm looking at paying $60 per page for pencils+inks, this could be negotiable depending on experience/quality etc.

This will be a colour book so I will be looking at involving a colourist as well (so if this is in your skill set then please mention it).

I'll be selecting an artist within a month from posting this, with a view to starting the process proper at the beginning of 2018.

I expect all of the artwork will be finished by the end of February.

Payment will be by Paypal. We can work out exact details but I'm happy to pay per block of 6 completed/approved pages and will pay within 24 hours of acceptance (350 dpi files).

I'd like to reserve the right to two revisions per page in the first instance with further revisions (if necessary) upon negotiation.

The main characters are already designed, drawn up and are my own IP. I expect that all rights will transfer to me on payment.

I expect this project to be collaborative in nature, if things go well then I'd expect to keep the collaboration going for the remainder of the series.

Please send any examples of your work (sequential art) for consideration to: andyjcomic@gmail.com along with an intro stating who and where you are, your experience and any further questions you may have