PDA

View Full Version : Thanos Vs Drax and Captain Marvel

nams
09-26-2017, 10:52 PM
https://orig00.deviantart.net/ee2b/f/2017/269/5/a/thanos_pb_net_by_guelin-dbooine.png

Comments are allways welcome. Thank you.:banana:

nams
09-28-2017, 05:38 AM
https://orig00.deviantart.net/0c6f/f/2017/271/a/2/thanos_cor_net_by_guelin-dbostum.png

jeffchris50
09-28-2017, 11:35 AM
That's some pretty nice work, nams. Clean, tight and simple (in a good way) without a lot of digital fussing. Has a nice "old school" feel to it for me, sort of the love child of George Perez and Pat Broderick, both artists I admire greatly.

Glad to see you went with, again, old school Mar-vell and especially Drax; I know nu-Drax is the current fave, but I'm partial to the green-skinned, cape-wearing Drax the Destroyer who gave Iron Man what for! LOL!

All the characters look pretty darn good and anatomy and proportions are all there, my only nit to pick, anatomy-wise, is that Mar-Vell looks a little---wonky from the waist down. His entire lower anatomy is kinda turned a different direction than his upper torso and his legs/feet seem to be turned at slightly awkward angles, kind of giving him both a bow-legged and pigeon-toed feel.

Colors are clean and, again, simple, which I like. I don't go in for all the photoshop effects that a lot of artists and colorists use these days. Rembrandt lighting on the surfaces and characters seem copacetic. You might want to broaden the palette a bit for the planet's surface as well as the chunks of debris floating around; they're all the same shade of teal so they become kind of visually a wash. Even that planet in the lower background is a shade of green, so it all kind of runs together. The red planet near Thanos left hand is a nice departure, but could use a little color-variant/shading love, too, IMHO.

Overall, though, super nice piece!

SageGod
09-28-2017, 05:46 PM
Nice ! Old school baby , old school!

Saul Haber
09-28-2017, 07:52 PM
This looks great!.... BUT I so wanted this to be the Shazam version of Captain Marvel that I was a little disappointed. How about on the next one?

Stewart Vernon
09-28-2017, 10:40 PM
Nice and old school nice! Jim Starlin would be proud!

nams
09-29-2017, 05:41 AM
Thank you all for taking the time to comment on my drawing really appreciate it.

@Jeff, thank you for the kind words. I have a soft spot for Mar-vell and the Original Drax. Freaking loved their adventures fighting Issac and Thanos,some of my best childhood memories is reading Jim Sarlin comics. The original Idea was to put a Classical armor Iron man joining the Fight with Mar-vell and Drax. Since they are the original nemesis of Thanos. But I felt the composition got Weaker and less clear So I erased the Iron Man Figure.

As for the anatomy issues, I didn’t use reference for the figures and I should have… figuring out the anatomy on my own is, for me, the most fun part of drawing relly love to complete the puzzle on where the muscles are going to go, but most of the times the result isn’t the best. I however tried to push the figures poses to an acceptable extreme so they didn’t seem to stiff ( a recurring issue in my drawings) and feel I have achieve an ok level. But I will try to improve this on my next piece.

As for the color of the planet next to Drax. I fought with it, a lot… Didn’t get happy with the result, but I had to let the Illustration go to start a new one, so I compromised.

And Comparing My work with George Perez and Pat Brotherick… Damn You just made my Week. Thank you!

@SageGod Old Shool is the only school for me (mainly because I am not young enough to start learning how this new folks do their amazing drawings :P) Seriously, that was the vibe I was looking fo, so I am glad I achieved that goal. Thank you!

@ Saul Haber I love Shazam also… so Yeah I will definitely draw a piece with him in the near future! Thank you!

@Stewart Thank you, really glad you liked it! Jim Starlin Is a creator I truly admire so it would be nice to think so. Thank you!

:banana:

DCdraw
10-11-2017, 09:16 PM
Thats really cool! I like the black and white version a little better cause those textures and rim lighting pop more in that version.