PDA

View Full Version : X-men!

Egef
09-21-2017, 07:12 PM
Oye recently did this colors! Hope you like it! C&C are welcome!

Open for commissions! :bounce:

Art by: Mauricio Alvarez
Colors by me!

https://img00.deviantart.net/dec8/i/2017/250/7/f/x_men_by_edwinestrada-dbmor8z.jpg

jeffchris50
09-22-2017, 04:20 AM
I like your coloring style, egef; the way you use highlights and shading makes you colors look almost illuminated. That being said, though, watch out for the "sameness" in tones and palettes; even though your colors appear illuminated, they also, to my eyes, feel a little monochromatic and washed out. I would've maybe changed out the sky/backgrounds in some of the panels to add some variations in that area. Can the sky be weird colors in comics? Heck yeah, it's a comic! Go back and look at some of the classic artwork from the 60s and 70s; you had red skies, purple skies, green skies; whatever it took to separate the background from the action and yet keep everything colorful. One of the recent trends I've been seeing, either here or over on penciljack.com, is to convert your colored artwork to grayscale to see if anything is really popping out or if it's all sort of in danger of running together. Might be something worth looking into. Regardless, nice precision coloring job, so kudos!

Egef
09-22-2017, 05:38 PM
thank you very much! I'll be more careful in that with the future pages!:bounce: