PDA

View Full Version : A free 78+ page guide about the entire comic making process

H20_Man
09-17-2017, 01:28 PM
Hey everyone!

As the title says, I made a guide about everything to do with making comics. It's currently a honking 78 pages long and it covers everything from coming up with an idea to page layout to printing and distribution.

The guide is called "Taking a Comic From Start to Finish" and you can get it for free right here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uU88rvvuLglSilok2pGVzNJ-GkUYjvrcpoyvYPAz0xE/

Originally the guide was just something for me to use as a reference but I decided to expand on it and thought it would be nice to share with all of you.

The guide is ever growing so I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please let me know which topics you'd be interested in me expanding upon or if you have new ideas you'd want included in the guide.

Thanks and I hope you enjoy!

Gonzogoose
09-24-2017, 12:09 PM
Wow, that's a pretty comprehensive document there. I'll give it a look and try to remember to give some feedback. :)

You should consider publishing it as an ebook on Amazon or something. I don't know if you have to charge anything that way, maybe a dollar, but it's a thought.

I applaud the effort to compile this information and release it for everyone. :)

SSTiger
09-25-2017, 08:47 AM
KDP allows publishing your books for free. Although I don't think he's planning on doing that yet since sections of the document are as yet incomplete.

Great read, though. Very informative and professional.