PDA

View Full Version : Drawing Table Lamp?

the creeper
08-31-2017, 01:19 AM
I was wondering if anyone can recommend a decent lamp for use with my drawing table. As someone who has been away from the drawing table for a while and is newly returned, I am currently using an LED lamp with a flexible neck, which I really like. Unfortunately it's not bright enough for night drawing, which I'm starting to do more of. I used to use a swing-arm style lamp, but to be honest I've never liked them and would prefer to stick with the flexible neck/LED style. I've seen some on Amazon that look good but are way to expensive for my budget ($180 or so). Recommendations?

Mecha
09-02-2017, 05:46 PM
I have a swing arm lamp from IKEA. Then I went to Home Depot and bought a brighter, clearer LED lightbulb so that I get the best light possible in a studio that doesn't really get much natural light at all. LED gives me a bright, natural looking light (white rather than yellow) without pushing the power limits of the lamp.

The lamp cost me $15 (CAD). The bulb cost me.... $10? I can't remember. Its cheaper if you buy them in multipacks, but I just bought the one.

A thing to remember about LED bulbs is that, even though they last a looooong time, they DIM over time. So you might get to the point where you're like "This really isn't bright enough" -- just use the bulb elsewhere in your home to continue to get use out of it, and pop a fresh one in your drawing lamp.