Sean

Charles
07-17-2017, 02:11 AM
http://www.seanellery.com/gallery/albums/userpics/elsa_artgerm_small.jpg

pencils by Stanley 'Artgerm' Lau
colours by me.

cheers
Sean

Your handiwork remains as exquisite, as ever.

Not that I have followed it much, of late, but you have such a range to your mastery of the coloring artistry.

Here, you give an elegant glimpse at how subtlety and discipline serve a colorist well. You don't give in to the oft-displayed inclination by many colorists still learning the tricks of the trade to let color run wild.

Here, nothing hurts the eye. Nothing out of place. Nothing run amok. Just visual serenity beckoning the viewer. So easy on the eyes. So peaceful. So serene.

This is but one example, though. I caught a glimpse of several other pieces of yours that are of fairly recent vintage, and this is but one spell out of many that reside in your Tome of Coloring Magic.

Your coloring is so persuasive for the very simple reason that you understand the underlying fundamentals of light and shadow and contrast and vibrancy. You know how to read from the menu of color palettes. You breathe life into the concept that less is more.

Many colorists seem to struggle with grasping that coloring is about so much more than just color. It's about nuance and degree, about allocation and withholding. Shades and tines and hues - never a resort to color without thought, where you are concerned.

In one sense, coloring is like a puzzle - and you are one who knows where all of the pieces go. That's not to say that I don't like some of your work more than others, but that's invariably the case, where art is concerned.

You are regal, where your coloring is concerned.

SeanE
07-21-2017, 11:56 AM
:)

Duane Korslund
07-21-2017, 12:03 PM
Your handiwork remains as exquisite, as ever.

Not that I have followed it much, of late, but you have such a range to your mastery of the coloring artistry.

Here, you give an elegant glimpse at how subtlety and discipline serve a colorist well. You don't give in to the oft-displayed inclination by many colorists still learning the tricks of the trade to let color run wild.

Here, nothing hurts the eye. Nothing out of place. Nothing run amok. Just visual serenity beckoning the viewer. So easy on the eyes. So peaceful. So serene.

This is but one example, though. I caught a glimpse of several other pieces of yours that are of fairly recent vintage, and this is but one spell out of many that reside in your Tome of Coloring Magic.

Your coloring is so persuasive for the very simple reason that you understand the underlying fundamentals of light and shadow and contrast and vibrancy. You know how to read from the menu of color palettes. You breathe life into the concept that less is more.

Many colorists seem to struggle with grasping that coloring is about so much more than just color. It's about nuance and degree, about allocation and withholding. Shades and tines and hues - never a resort to color without thought, where you are concerned.

In one sense, coloring is like a puzzle - and you are one who knows where all of the pieces go. That's not to say that I don't like some of your work more than others, but that's invariably the case, where art is concerned.

You are regal, where your coloring is concerned.

what he said :)

Charles
07-27-2017, 02:50 PM
what he said :)

Except for the tines part. Tones, not tines. Tines work better in gardening, than they do in coloring.