PDA

View Full Version : E Character Design

claytonbarton
04-25-2017, 09:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/cInXzvq.jpg

I couldnít help itÖ I had to give you another peak at this lovely lass, (donít tell her I said that Ė she HATES being called lovelyÖ or lass 😶)

Here youíre looking at Eís alternate costume variation as well as a couple zoomed in head shots from various anglesÖ

This part of the process was where I really got to define the shape and subtle nuances of Eís facial features, as well as figure out how her groovy hairdo would look from different points of view.

Iíve always found the character concepting process particularly special, because itís the point at which you as the creator really begin to get to know your character.

Youíve got to get up close and personal, and figure out how theyíre going to appear from every facet.

This is especially true and mandatory when it comes to creating characters for comics.

Despite the amount of time Iíve spent drawing over the years, I still feel as though Iím learning and developing more with every new piece of art work.

And Iíve got to say Iím really proud of E and the way sheís turned out. Iíve captured the exact look I wanted for her.

With every new piece of work, I feel as though I get to know my artistic self a little better, my confidence shining through in my style and the line work itself!

For those who just came inÖ E is the bad-ass deva design Iíll be featuring in Part 1 of the new ĎComic Book Character Creator Courseí coming soon from HTDC. Itíll feature 3 character designs all up, and come included in the full Comic Book Creator Course.

So far Iíve racked up upwards of 6 hours of content for the Comic Book Character Creator Course, where Iíve recorded every step Iíve taken to draft, design and refine E for you here.

TonightÖ Iím putting down the stylus for a while and venturing into the beginning of some very long and intensive narration sessions.

Iíve already done about 6 videos mind youÖ all of which Iím happy to say have come out top notch. In fact they barely required any editing at all once Iíd properly switched into voice over mode.

Making that switch is harder than it sounds... believe me!

Thanks for reading, and I hope you like her! I canít wait to show you how she looks once sheís all colored up. :D

-Clayton

Squrl
04-25-2017, 11:40 AM
This is a good looking character. It is nice that you are putting together how to videos. Most artists now, learn from videos more often off the internet than I believe than anywhere else.:carrot:

claytonbarton
04-26-2017, 01:23 PM
This is a good looking character. It is nice that you are putting together how to videos. Most artists now, learn from videos more often off the internet than I believe than anywhere else.:carrot:

Thanks a lot Squrl, I appreciate that. I enjoy making them, and it's a super rewarding way to give back to the community. I remember learning so much myself from David Finch's Gnomon series - I honestly don't think my art would be where it's at today had I not come a cross it.

roryherman
04-26-2017, 03:48 PM
Really nice!

claytonbarton
04-27-2017, 12:20 AM
Really nice!

Thanks heaps @roryherman. Glad you like her!

Pendleton70
04-27-2017, 10:18 AM
Looking good man. I am going to have to buy some of the vids.

pandayboss
04-30-2017, 09:07 AM
Whoah, really cool!:kewl: Good looking character & costume and I bow down on your inking style. It has that Homage Studios & Sylvestri style. I loved it! I can't wait to see more of E.:thumbs: