PDA

View Full Version : Happy Spooky - my work in progress

jwadd
03-24-2017, 09:15 PM
Hey everyone, I've been working on this for quite a while, I would like some feedback on the art style, or feel, and the over all flow of the comic. Anyone who has worked on similar looking projects is welcome to message me. Basically, is this good?

http://i.imgur.com/MklYOnd.png

YellowDogArtistry
03-25-2017, 03:43 AM
pg0009 is my favorite. you might be able to make an art print out of that. however, it's a little naive, in the sense that you are expecting people to get it, but not telling them what the heck is going on - if you are doing that on purpose i don't think it will stand up. it has to make sense. well, you can say, sometimes abstraction/confusion is good too - david lynch - though, he completely knows what he is doing and somehow makes his fans want to figure out his shit.

from what you have showed us as of right now - no, i don't think it is good - on the educated guess that almost every publisher out there would turn this down.

but keep trying. practice, study, look at how the pros do it. just experiment, see where it goes. maybe you get some real gems out of it.

jwadd
03-30-2017, 05:14 PM
pg0009 is my favorite. you might be able to make an art print out of that. however, it's a little naive, in the sense that you are expecting people to get it, but not telling them what the heck is going on - if you are doing that on purpose i don't think it will stand up. it has to make sense. well, you can say, sometimes abstraction/confusion is good too - david lynch - though, he completely knows what he is doing and somehow makes his fans want to figure out his shit.

from what you have showed us as of right now - no, i don't think it is good - on the educated guess that almost every publisher out there would turn this down.

but keep trying. practice, study, look at how the pros do it. just experiment, see where it goes. maybe you get some real gems out of it.

Hey thanks a lot for the feedback. I actually haven't added dialogue because I've been exploring character design that works together.

I have a rough outline for the story, and I plan to add quite a bit of dialogue to explain whats going on, as well as "filler" panels. I will try to post again in this thread soon.