PDA

View Full Version : Wonder woman

cesare2009
03-21-2017, 02:11 AM
did this one 4 times

Neal Adams told me to draw it, and then draw it again, and again.

He has a point.

Josef Rubinstein told me not to get lost in the parts....also invaluable advice

Hope you like, I'm pleased, and I'm almost never pleased.

http://www.cesaretatarelli.com/samples/wonderwomanFINAL_V4.jpg

YellowDogArtistry
03-21-2017, 08:41 PM
Neal Adams told me to draw it, and then draw it again, and again.

yeah, Edgar Degas said the same thing, it's a good process...

Make a drawing, begin it again, trace it; begin it again and trace it again. (Edgar Degas)

i like it. i have one thing. her limbs seem too short compared to the rest of her... make her arms, legs, a bit longer (i'm just saying a tiny bit longer)... wonder woman has nice long legs.

cesare2009
03-21-2017, 10:44 PM
Yeah, the limbs, or is her head too big?
Either way, made some changes, a little more rendering.....

Might ink it, might not. For anyone who's interested, I've been drawing for a long time. It doesn't get easier, but you get better results over time. Practice. I love it.

http://www.cesaretatarelli.com/samples/wonderwomanFINAL_V5.jpg

Artloader
03-22-2017, 10:37 AM
Nice work here Cesare2009 :).

Your proportions don't look to bad to me - the crotch is supposed to be half way up the body which in your piece here it looks pretty much OK. Also the arms are foreshortened so I would expect them to look shorter from this angle.

Keep drawing dude!

Edited: Actually measuring from the flat of the heel to the crotch vs the crotch the head - I now see that the legs are slightly on the short side so good spot from YellowDogArtistry. Still a nice piece overall though :).

YellowDogArtistry
03-23-2017, 01:04 AM
i love it. good job. now it's 100%. i didn't even pay attention to the face, really, yet it's actually the best part of her... well done. she looks (in the face) like how a real wonder woman might look.

Justice41
03-23-2017, 12:54 PM
I like it but i'd have made her legs less bulked up looking and the hairline top of tiara looks flat.

cesare2009
03-23-2017, 06:39 PM
Joe Rubinstein didn't like the hair either....guess things can always be better

however, I may just like them thicker than you Justice! :)

Saul Haber
03-27-2017, 11:55 PM
I think this is pretty great. The "feeling" of the drawing is right- her pose and expression.'
You showed this to Joe Rubinstein?

cesare2009
03-28-2017, 01:06 PM
HI Saul,

Thanks for the kind words, I'm quite pleased with the pic too, I may have found another gear....been working at it for so long!

Yes, I showed Joe, he was not quite as complimentary as you, but I communicate with him and have taken a couple of one on one lessons with him. He really is a master of the craft, knows his history too, and can teach AND do. He's a pleasure to listen too, and my work has improved significantly since I started studying with him.

TeleKill
04-01-2017, 02:01 AM
I quite like this a great deal and I don't think the limbs are too long. Maybe the foreshortening ins't being read as well as maybe it could be.

SeanE
04-01-2017, 05:58 AM
Yeah, the limbs, or is her head too big?
Either way, made some changes, a little more rendering.....

Might ink it, might not. For anyone who's interested, I've been drawing for a long time. It doesn't get easier, but you get better results over time. Practice. I love it.

http://www.cesaretatarelli.com/samples/wonderwomanFINAL_V5.jpg

I'd love to colour it someday if you ink it up.

sean AT seanellery DOT com

cheers
Sean