PDA

View Full Version : Writer seeking artist for weird western collaboration

PC812
03-15-2017, 08:06 PM
I'm a published novelist who has done some writing for comic books over the years. I've published a few stories through AC Comics, and am interested in pursuing a collaboration with an artist.

The idea is a weird western/horror comic called THE BONESMAN. Set in a fantasy version of the Old West (there's an explanation behind it, which will be revealed in the course of the story) where monsters and demons roam free. The main character is a skull-faced gunslinger riding a black horse with burning coals for eyes and accompanied by a mysterious talking raven. He wanders the landscape, dispatching the creatures that exist in this world while trying to learn the truth of his origins.

I'm looking for an artist with a gritty kind of feel, and I would also be open to input on the story. I'm not just looking for someone to draw what I write, I'd like whoever is interested to really make this project their own and to be a true partner (including 50/50 ownership).

In addition to writing, I'll also provide the lettering (I've done quite a lot of freelance lettering over the years).

I'm imagining this project as a 4-6 issue mini-series to begin with, plus the possibility of doing additional series in the world if it gains traction. We would attempt to submit this to publishers but failing that, we can publish it ourselves in print and digital formats. As an independent author, I've been publishing myself for ten years so far, so I understand how this side of the business works.

If interested, please send a short message and samples of your work to pc[AT]percivalconstantine[DOT]com (replace [AT] and [DOT] with the appropriate symbols).

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

PC812
04-05-2017, 07:12 PM
Thanks for all your responses. I've found someone for the position.