PDA

View Full Version : Seeking pro illustrator for consideration on creator owned collab

JC Lacek
02-20-2017, 08:04 PM
Hi there,
I'm a writer who is preparing to present several synopses from different stories I have in development for an interested creator owned publisher. Instead of the usual route of creating a single 4-8 page submission, I will be submitting brief summaries of the different titles and attach samples from interested and available illustrator(s)

Here is what I'm looking for.

Professional quality work is a must. You can average a page a day and ink your own work. Here is an example of the quality I'm looking for.

http://www.becomics.com/player?id=57fac495397417810e175b8f

This is a book I did last year (to give you an idea of my writing style). Your work needs to be in the ballpark of this quality, so please keep that in mind before emailing me. (I in no way mean it needs to be in this style FYI)

Sending your portfolio is fine, but I'm going to be showing your best 2-3 images, so you might want to take the time to send me what you think is your best work.

If we reach a point where they show interest, we will need to discuss doing a 3-5 page sequential demo for a proper pitch. Ideally, if everything clicks and they want to go to print, we would enter a creative owned contract as partners. The finer points of this can be discussed in greater detail over email. If this sounds interesting or you have any questions, please send an email to facepunchercomic@gmail.com and we'll go from there.

If you're an up-and-comer hungry to get your own ongoing series in print, this could be a great opportunity. It is important, however, to point out this would be a standard creator owned. Nobody gets paid till books hit shelves.

Thanks

JC Lacek
02-25-2017, 05:23 PM
Also seeking inker and letterer now as well. Ideally one person for both jobs but not a must. Thanks