PDA

View Full Version : APELAW Seeking Artist for Video Game tie-in Webcomic

MitchMontgomery
02-06-2017, 12:18 AM
Hi all -- My name is Mitch Montgomery and I am overseeing development for a webcomic for Ape Law (apelaw.com).

We are seeking a dynamic comic artist to collaborate on a webcomic that ties into its indie video game Albino Lullaby (albinolullaby.com, Episode 1 now available!).* Albino Lullaby is a horror adventure game that doesn't rely on jump scares or gore. The player must escape a surreal, psychological nightmare as the gamespace dynamically twists and contorts around them in real time, while an equally twisted narrative unravels.

The comic will be a story adjacent to the story of the game, running weekly with about 20 installments leading up to the release of Episode 2 of the game in September of 2017. The story for the comic (which exists now as an outline) is a Gothic horror tale set aboard a 19th century whaling vessel, so the ability to construct vivid environments and communicate atmosphere is ideal. As an indie enterprise we are looking for an artist who will be willing to work for free up front but with potential payment on the back end in the form of percentages. The webcomic will be marketed in tandem with the game. As a*true collaborator on the project, the artist will be able to take a great deal of ownership of the shape of the story, format, etc.*and so will have a*nice showcase for their talent.

If you are interested, please contact me at enlil0000@gmail.com

Thanks!