PDA

View Full Version : Old Writer, but New to the Forum

REDemption2017
12-20-2016, 10:47 AM
Hello, I did not see any board that was specifically for introductions so forgive me if this is the wrong spot.

My name is Steve, and I am a 40 year old writer from upstate NY. I've been writing for as long as I can remember, starting with short stories, poems, and screenplays, and then eventually moving on to novels and other formats.

I tried my hand at a comic book once (including the drawing part) in either tenth or eleventh grade. It was a short, 3-part, 24-page piece called "Of Forces Beyond," about a group of 4 US soldiers in Vietnam. They get ambushed, which is nothing unusual, but after they defeat the enemy, they discover that their adversaries were already wounded before the fight. In fact, their old wounds should have been fatal. So how is it they were just in a firefight with them?

Eventually they discover that these soldiers were infected with a virus that turned them into zombies. What's worse: two of the US soldiers are now infected as well, so the race is on to find some kind of cure.

Many years later, after watching the first episode of THE WALKING DEAD, I was inspired to revisit a zombie comic story. I had always wanted to write one, but zombies are so limited as an adversary that I didn't know what to do. I took "Of Forces Beyond" as a starting point, and built from there. I wound up creating a story that is the longest thing I have written to date.

Basically, I described this comic (which is called REDemption) in this manner: it is to zombie stories what KILL BILL was to kung fu films. It is everything I love about the genre thrown into a blender, mixed with a healthy dose of my own writing style.

I look forward to getting to talk to and know you people as time goes on!

Steve

paul brian deberry
12-21-2016, 02:29 PM
hello

Bishop
12-21-2016, 04:39 PM
Howdy