PDA

View Full Version : Artist(s) Wanted for Ongoing Webcomic (about normal people in superhero world)

thewritergreg
11-01-2016, 04:05 PM
Hello, everyone!

My name is Greg Thelen, and I'm the writer and creator of the ongoing webcomic, Amanda Green, SIA. http://amandagreensia.com/

About the project
It's a story-based, ongoing comic about normal people living in a world of superheroes. My title character is a black woman, and the cast is diverse in terms of race, gender, and sexuality. Ostensibly, it's about insurance agents, but I rarely touch insurance. Instead, I focus on the characters and their everyday lives in a very weird world.

Each story ranges in length from very short (5-6 pages) to very long (future stories will reach 45 pages). Currently, the pages are horizontally aligned and in black and white. For future stories, I will switch to a vertical alignment and full color pages.

What I'm looking for
I'm looking for one or more artists to pencil, ink, and color comics. If I could find one artist for the long haul as an ongoing artist and collaborator (paid, of course), that would be wonderful, but in lieu of that, I'm open to having one artist draw one story and another draw another story and so on. Also, as I have a diverse cast, I'm looking for diverse artists.

What you'll be drawing
Superheroes will be part of this world, but they won't be the primary focus. There will be some superhero fights here and there. Depending on the story, you may be asked to design new characters. Most stories will blend drama and comedy, and again, the cast is diverse. The comic is based in a fictional city that's based off of New York. You should check out my webcomic (link above) to get an idea of the tone of my project.

How often I'll be updating
Currently, I update one page per week. For future stories, I want to update at least two pages per week. Preferably, I want to update three pages per week, but we'll see how that works out.

When the future stories will begin
The current story will conclude in early January. I want to start posting new pages in February, and then to continue uninterrupted from there.

----------------------

Payment
I'm offering $60 per page, but this is negotiable. Payment will be made after at least 5 pages are completed (penciled/inked/colored) and sent to me via email, Dropbox, or Google Drive. I will pay you within 7 days of receiving completed pages. You may invoice me if you require. I will pay you via Paypal.

This is a work-for-hire job.

File format
300 dpi-TIFF files sent to my email, or via Dropbox or Google Drive.

----------------------

Submission info
Please send me samples of your work (primarily sequentials) to me at greg.thelen@gmail.com

Thank you!

thewritergreg
12-07-2016, 05:13 PM
Hello, everyone!

I've found artists to work with, so I'm officially closing this help wanted ad. Thank you!