PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones

SeanE
10-17-2016, 09:03 AM
http://www.seanellery.com/gallery/albums/userpics/indiana_jones.jpg

pencils and inks by Matt Reynolds - batfish73 on deviantart.com

Fastest colouring EVER!!! - Total elapsed time - 3 minutes, and that included setting the lineart to a channel...!!!

Bishop
10-17-2016, 09:15 AM
You may have done this fast, but it still looks great!

Steve Colle
10-21-2016, 01:53 AM
Nice, Sean, but can you explain your choice of the blue to beige? Yes, I like how the beige accentuates Indy's silhouette, but it looks like it requires a strong light source to create that distinctive separation between the two colours. The beige, to me, creates mystery through the insinuation of fog settling on the landscape, helping to explain Indy's silhouette, while the blue is distinctively an indication of time of day. The two together send different messages to me.

My professional opinion.

SeanE
10-21-2016, 01:27 PM
Nice, Sean, but can you explain your choice of the blue to beige? Yes, I like how the beige accentuates Indy's silhouette, but it looks like it requires a strong light source to create that distinctive separation between the two colours. The beige, to me, creates mystery through the insinuation of fog settling on the landscape, helping to explain Indy's silhouette, while the blue is distinctively an indication of time of day. The two together send different messages to me.

My professional opinion.

It looked good...