PDA

View Full Version : Artist wanted for a 5 page portfolio comic - 90 (GBP) for full project

stuartdn
08-08-2016, 01:18 PM
I am a writer looking to get into comics. I am planning to produce my own anthology of 5 page stories that I can use as a portfolio. Whilst I do not have any writing credits to my name yet I have a successful career managing a university user experience consultancy. Details available on LinkedIn: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/stuartdn

I am currently looking for an artist to help me bring my scripts to life. Ideally I want someone who will provide complete art (pencils, inks, possibly colours) and lettering for a 5 page story. The price is 90 (GBP) for the full job so this is aimed at people who are entry level (like me) and also looking to build up a portfolio. If people just want to do the pencils and inks then I will have a stab at the colours and letting.

I currently have two completed scripts both of a Sci-Fi theme either of which I'd like to see produced. The first is based on a British Astronaut on the International Space Station and is a riff on Buck Rogers. The second is about a Telerobotic construction worker that falls in job with a female astronaut whilst working on Mars.

Completed pages will be agreed upon in writing and a high quality TIFF and PSD file should be delivered via email/file share of the completed pages. This project will be work for hire and you will not have any ownership of the characters. However, I will give you full credit for your art. And I would ideally like to meet collaborators that I can work with again on future projects.

People will be paid the full amount by Paypal within one week of completion of the project.

Please send me examples of your sequential art for consideration to stuartdn@hotmail.com.

Many thanks in advance,
Stuart

stuartdn
08-11-2016, 07:00 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks to those of you that have applied to work on this anthology. I will be looking over the submissions I have received tomorrow and contacting people I am interested in working with.

Thanks,
Stuart

stuartdn
08-12-2016, 08:39 AM
Hi All,

Thanks again for all of the interest. I have shortlisted the artists I would like with on this and future projects so I am no longer accepting submissions at this time.

Kind regards,

Stuart Scott