PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Professional quality colorist for 140 page graphic novel ($50/page)

MWernke
07-30-2016, 05:12 PM
Seeking colorist for a 140 page graphic novel (plus cover art and promotional work). The pencils for all 140 pages have been completed (by me) and are in the process of being inked by a professional inker.

The project is “work-for-hire”, paying $50/page with payment to be made upon mutually agreed milestones (e.g. delivery and approval of every 5 or 10 pages) and submission of an invoice. Payment will be made via PayPal within 7 days of each milestone. Terms are flexible for applicants of substantial experience and talent. Professional level quality is required and anyone submitting for the project must have significant experience in coloring sequentials and be capable of producing steady work product and meet deadlines. Timely completion of the project with the creative team intact is essential to the engagement.

The story can be summarized as a response to Waiting for Godot – with superheroes. It features two displaced superheroes who lay in wait on a rooftop in Hell’s Kitchen for a life-defining battle with the enigmatic figure Omega in a world where time, place and memory are blurred. The visuals are of a superhero variety while the story is an existential journey of the characters with comedic and perilous results. I am open to different styles but I currently imagine the colors as being in the mid-range to playful side of superhero comics. I am not looking for a “dirty”, “dark” or “gritty” appearance.

I have been writing and drawing comic book pitches for myself and others for approximately 10 years and have had my artwork published. By day, I am a lawyer. Therefore, I do not publicize my artistic endeavors online. My LinkedIn profile is: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-wernke-b62a8663. In working on my own projects I have engaged about a dozen artists (inkers, colorists, letters) on a work-for-hire basis, often working with the same people on multiple projects. I can provide references upon request.

Completed pages for purposes of triggering payment will be agreed upon in writing and high quality TIFF for PSD file will be delivered via email/file share.
If interested, please email sample art or links (which must primarily contain sequentials) to michaelwernke @ hotmail . com (remove the spaces from the email address) with the title of “Omega”. Please also include a resume or list of work you have done in the past. If you require terms that are different from those outlined above please include the specific terms in your email. Final candidates may be requested to provide references and to do a test page, for which they will be compensated.

I will do my best to respond to everyone who submits. Regardless, I will post here once the job is closed.

Thank you for your interest, and I look forward to hearing from you!

MWernke
08-08-2016, 07:25 PM
UPDATE (2016.08.08) - I want to thank everyone that has responded to this post. I have already received a large number of responses. It will take at least through this coming weekend (August 14) for me to conduct a thorough review of each submission and to narrow the field. At that time, I will begin responding to emails. I will post another update next week.

Thank you all for your patience.

Michael

MWernke
08-30-2016, 10:37 AM
The submission period for this project is now closed. I have emailed the individuals who I would like to do a test page. If you have not received an email from me requesting a test page then you were not selected for this project. I'm sorry I could not email everyone a personal response. I received over 200 submissions for this project. Thank you all for your responses to this post. There were many excellent portfolios.

Best regards,
Michael