PDA

View Full Version : Supergirl casts Superman.

The Spirit
07-30-2016, 10:46 AM
superman-supergirl-first-look (https://www.yahoo.com/tv/superman-supergirl-first-look-tyler-201441625.html)

https://www.yahoo.com/sy/ny/api/res/1.2/joqaNBUNU_a6oykzw71NsA--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9NjIwO2g9NDIw/http://media.zenfs.com/en/homerun/feed_manager_auto_publish_494/ae23ff8e7795295aab08bf0c5ac9d8f5

He looks kinda wimpy to me.

Bishop
07-30-2016, 02:03 PM
So.... It's Hipster Superman?

Buckyrig
07-31-2016, 01:34 PM
So.... It's Hipster Superman?

How is he a hipster?

It's not a great photo. Saw another photo of the actor where I can see him playing Superman more than in that promo photo, but maybe still not some great match for the role.

DJA
07-31-2016, 06:18 PM
I like the costume. Some on the streets snaps show it a little better. He looks great!I don't watch the show, though.

omega sentry
08-03-2016, 02:40 AM
Superman from flash point? Cause he looks like he needs to eat some.

sevans
08-03-2016, 09:23 PM
YES, he looks abit small.
BUT supermans power is from the sun, not his huge build
AND this guy would be a lot more convincing as Clark Kent, not being so jacked up and all.

See it before I judge.

The Spirit
08-04-2016, 01:02 PM
I had a discussion about this on FB before he was cast. I started watching Supergirl because my daughter wanted to. But i grew to like it. A few really good episodes. Melissa Benoist is committed to the role and plays it sincerely. It's kinda Dawson's creek sometimes though. I thought that if they cast a Superman better than her it would overshadow her but they need someone good to possibly have his own show maybe. Well this doesn't look like he'll overshadow or get his own show. I could be wrong but i don't think i am.

Newt
08-06-2016, 08:08 PM
Haven't watched the show. He looks as much like Superman as any other actor I've seen in the part.

I think it's funny that nearly every screen Superman has had big wide eyes, a trim v-tapered build, and a definite youthful appearance, while Schuster's original design was squinty, barrel-chested, and looked about 40. Also, early Superman was kind of a jerk who clearly enjoyed terrifying criminals and duping his co-workers; that aspect of the character has been dropped for boy-scoutish earnestness and soul-searching mopery. Lame.

Buckyrig
08-07-2016, 01:01 PM
He also couldn't fly, and there was no Jimmy or Perry. Or Kryptonite.

Things change. :p

The show can be corny, but it's my favorite of the superhero shows being produced right now. Much more of a classic superhero thing than any of the other shows.

The Spirit
08-07-2016, 11:18 PM
He also couldn't fly, and there was no Jimmy or Perry. Or Kryptonite.

Things change. :p

The show can be corny, but it's my favorite of the superhero shows being produced right now. Much more of a classic superhero thing than any of the other shows.

I absolutely love Melissa Benoist. She captures the character perfectly. The plot and show can be silly but she is so committed to the role I always enjoy it.

paul brian deberry
08-08-2016, 08:02 PM
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--1eqM6JpW--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/lnlqk3vmbmxefaf20ozg.jpg

The Spirit
08-08-2016, 09:06 PM
That's fake. Or DC has the worst proofreader ever.

Moonrider
08-09-2016, 03:36 AM
The ad is fake but the Superman image is taken from an actual set photo.

Bishop
08-09-2016, 07:53 AM
How is he a hipster?

I don't know. For some reason, that is what popped into my head when I saw him. I guess, it would be more appropriate to call him the Calvin Klein Superman, as he looks like he fell off a CK billboard.

Moonrider
08-09-2016, 08:59 AM
You mean to tell me that Superman's true identity is someone with the initial CK???

Duane Korslund
08-09-2016, 09:37 AM
well played.

omega sentry
02-02-2017, 08:17 AM
I don't know. For some reason, that is what popped into my head when I saw him. I guess, it would be more appropriate to call him the Calvin Klein Superman, as he looks like he fell off a CK billboard.

"They look like the attractive none threatening racially diverse cast of a CW show"

On another note is spit my drink after I read that poster. On another, another note the show does feel more interesting now that they are on the CW. Loved those cross overs.

Duane Korslund
02-02-2017, 09:15 AM
I think they should do a crisis on infinite earths type thing and merge some Earths so Supergirl combines with the Arrowverse, making crossovers easier. I'd like to see Supergirl Superman and Martian Manhunter hanging out with Barry, Ollie, and company more.

The Spirit
02-05-2017, 12:28 AM
I think they should do a crisis on infinite earths type thing and merge some Earths so Supergirl combines with the Arrowverse, making crossovers easier. I'd like to see Supergirl Superman and Martian Manhunter hanging out with Barry, Ollie, and company more.

I thought the same thing. It'd be great! They all film in Vancouver now I believe.