PDA

View Full Version : Justice League

Bishop
07-25-2016, 08:43 AM
DC and Warner are obvioulsy working hard to remove the bad taste BvS left in peoples mouths. I've been pretty negative about he Justice League movie based on BvS, but this trailer looks pretty fun:
gglkYMGRYlE

The Spirit
07-25-2016, 11:16 AM
I don't like the designs for Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman. I hate that they're trying to sell Aquaman as a badass. Barry Allen seems out of character also. How many criminals roamed free while batman grew that beard?

I love Wonder Woman and Batman and their interaction. It looks like once I get past the costumes I don't like I'll probably enjoy it.

Buckyrig
07-25-2016, 12:06 PM
All movie trailers are the same now. Can't really make much of them. I'm pretty much at the wait and hear what the buzz is post-release position on most properties.

Also, the color palette, or filters, or whatever, are still driving me nuts with the DC movies. (I can see it fitting with Suicide Squad, but not the JL properties.)

Bishop
07-25-2016, 12:12 PM
Also, the color palette, or filters, or whatever, are still driving me nuts with the DC movies. (I can see it fitting with Suicide Squad, but not the JL properties.)

I totally agree with this. The blues and cool colors are not what one thinks of when imagining the bright colors of the JL comics. However, I do like that they appear to be putting some humor and self-awareness into this one. That was sorely missing from BvS.

Duane Korslund
07-25-2016, 12:37 PM
I agree about not liking Barry Allen...the character feels wrong on a dirty level...I say let Aquaman be badass...he's due...

Evan Henry
07-25-2016, 02:54 PM
I'm okay with "badass," but Aquaman just looks like a slightly angrier version of Chris HemsThor. Shrug...

Barry Allen is disgusting.

Cyborg looks cool, but I resent the lack of Martians.

I still kinda like Batfleck.

Wonder Woman's good.

Henry Cavill is such a better Superman than any of these movies are allowing him to be.

Overall, meh.

Duane Korslund
07-25-2016, 03:31 PM
I'm okay with "badass," but Aquaman just looks like a slightly angrier version of Chris HemsThor. Shrug...

Barry Allen is disgusting.

Cyborg looks cool, but I resent the lack of Martians.

I still kinda like Batfleck.

Wonder Woman's good.

Henry Cavill is such a better Superman than any of these movies are allowing him to be.

Overall, meh.

Aquaman looks like Khal Drogo...which should probably be toned down just a little...but one cant help but typcast...like how every time you see Brent Spiner you think Data.

Bishop
07-25-2016, 03:34 PM
I guess I like it because I am not invested in these characters (except Batman and Wonder Woman). I've always leaned toward the Marvel books, so I am not so familiar with Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg that I note the issues you guys are bringing up.

The Spirit
07-26-2016, 05:52 AM
I guess I like it because I am not invested in these characters (except Batman and Wonder Woman). I've always leaned toward the Marvel books, so I am not so familiar with Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg that I note the issues you guys are bringing up.

I've been out of current comics too long. Cyborg is a Titan to me. Aquaman in look and demeanor seems alien. I remember him being the long haired angry dude on Justice League cartoons but it seemed strange there too. I just don't get this characterization. Is he supposed to be the Wolverine of the bunch?

Buckyrig
07-26-2016, 12:06 PM
I've been out of current comics too long. Cyborg is a Titan to me. Aquaman in look and demeanor seems alien. I remember him being the long haired angry dude on Justice League cartoons but it seemed strange there too. I just don't get this characterization. Is he supposed to be the Wolverine of the bunch?

The "badass" Aquaman (I believe) started in the Peter David run back in the 90s. Got his hand eaten off by piranha and replaced it with a hook he could fire with a tether.

omega sentry
08-03-2016, 02:38 AM
DC and Warner are obvioulsy working hard to remove the bad taste BvS left in peoples mouths. I've been pretty negative about he Justice League movie based on BvS, but this trailer looks pretty fun:
gglkYMGRYlE

I don't really understand why though when seeing both bvs and civil war their not that different. Critics are all trying to bad mouth suicide squad as well. There is no real justification.

The Spirit
08-03-2016, 08:33 AM
I don't really understand why though when seeing both bvs and civil war their not that different. Critics are all trying to bad mouth suicide squad as well. There is no real justification.
Civil War had a story. The DC movies suffer from poor stories "so Far". I've heard Suicide Squad is a huge mess. And not just from rotten tomatoes.

omega sentry
08-03-2016, 10:40 PM
Lol rotten tomatoes, Jeremy Jahns said it was good.

Bishop
08-03-2016, 11:34 PM
I generally agree with Jahns and he loved this movie, as did Geek Tyrant. I'm hopeful it will be fun.

Buckyrig
08-04-2016, 12:33 PM
Uhm . . . you guys know Rotten Tomatoes is just an aggregator, right? They don't have an opinion; they're giving you an assessment of the positive vs negative reviews.

Anyway, I've read a few reviews, and while the reviewers are here and there regarding the movie overall, they all seem to be on the same page with regards to their analyses: The movie is tonally inconsistent, the action is dull, the plot is rote, but Viola Davis, Will Smith, Margot Robbie, and the guy who play El Diablo make you want to watch their characters . . . just maybe not in this movie.

Point is, when I see the same things showing up in multiple reviews, I tend to think that's a good indication that the analysis is apt.

The Spirit
08-04-2016, 01:04 PM
I've heard multiple reviews also and its pretty bad.

Bishop
08-04-2016, 01:46 PM
I can forgive a lot if the movie is fun overall (see Star Trek: Beyond), but not if the movie is problematic and not fun overall (see Batman v Superman). I'm hoping Suicide Squad falls into the 'fun overall' category.

Duane Korslund
08-04-2016, 02:05 PM
I can forgive a lot if the movie is fun overall (see Star Trek: Beyond), but not if the movie is problematic and not fun overall (see Batman v Superman). I'm hoping Suicide Squad falls into the 'fun overall' category.

I agree some fun needs to seriously be had in the DCCU...im of the unpopular "liked BVS camp" but I'll be the first to admit that it took itself WAAAAAY too seriously. Suicide Squad is the perfect Vehicle to throw a little fun into the DCCU...if they did the characters right...Jared Leto has some serious floppy shoes to fill and him and Margot Robbie are the perfect candidates to give the otherwise grim and painfully pensive DCCU a much needed punch in the testicles.
As we know stories need emotional counterpoints, and there's very little of that in the larger arc right now.

Bishop
08-04-2016, 03:31 PM
im of the unpopular "liked BVS camp" but I'll be the first to admit that it took itself WAAAAAY too seriously.

I'll admit I liked almost every minute Batman and Wonder Woman were onscreen with the exception of the 'Martha' scene. Everything else was just very frustrating for me.

Moonrider
08-06-2016, 12:18 PM
Suicide Squad is overall a fun movie. Not great, but certainly more entertaining than Ghostbusters.

Bishop
08-06-2016, 05:55 PM
Just got out of Suicide Squad. I really enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect and felt a little uneven in spots, but I had a great time with it. I think it's the best DC has put out since Dark Knight.

omega sentry
08-27-2016, 03:41 AM
I love suicide squad...anyone that has problems with it are over exaggerating, deadpool is not perfect and every one loves that movie. To be honest there a lot of scratch your self moments. But I guess ASS AND TITS takes away problems.