PDA

View Full Version : Ink Suggestions

knight1303
07-22-2016, 06:41 PM
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but....

I'm looking for some suggestions on Ink.
I've tried using Higgins Black Magic and India Ink, which seemed to be too runny or watered down for me. I have been using speedball calligraphy ink for brush work, but it's too thick to flow through the pen nibs. I've seen several artist say they mix different inks to make a workable ink.

I recently found Vortex Ink on the www.eonprod.com site. Has anyone used this?

Rob Norton
07-22-2016, 09:37 PM
Ive tried all kinds of inks...and i finally found the one that I love most when i watched pro inker jonathan glapions videos on youtube. He uses dr phil martins matte black and it is by far my favorite. i love the flat matte look..it doenst have that shiny look like some others...its just my total fav now.

knight1303
07-23-2016, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I will pick some up on tonight.

Justice41
07-29-2016, 07:05 PM
The Matte black stuff will clog up the pens as will the Eon Vortex, way too heavy a ink and dries very quickly. In fact while using the Eon ink the open bottle evaporated a bit over the time i was inking. I use that ink when using markers as the Eon is supposed to be copic marker proof.I use FW india ink in pens but generally the ink that comes with the pens is best for that pen. Oh and the hi carb inks like Eon will destroy your brushes. already lost two sable haired brushes to the Eon ink. Good ink for what it is but don't use good or expensive brushes with it.