PDA

View Full Version : "Create Your Pitch" - an ebook excerpt from "Comics Creator Prep"

Lee Nordling
07-10-2016, 08:55 AM
For those who haven't picked up "Comics Creator Prep" but are interested in learning how to pitch, check out this Kindle ebook:

https://www.amazon.com/Create-Your-Pitch-Comics-Creator-ebook/dp/B01I74SYU8/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1468117379&sr=1-5&keywords=lee+nordling

It's free to those of you who have Kindle Unlimited, and less than CCP for those of you who don't.

I wrote these articles many, MANY moons ago as a fill-in writer for Marv Wolfman's "What the--?" column at silverbulletcomicbooks.com. (Don't bother to look for them online, because the site is loooong gone.)

The response to them has been terrific, I still get constant queries about them, and for those of you who are interested, the Look Inside feature tells the beginning of the story about how this pitching paradigm came to pass.

For those of you who've already read them (I'm talking to you, Steven Forbes--no, not that one!), please share whatever thoughts you have here and/or as a reviewer on Amazon.

Thanks for reading.

--Lee

Lee Nordling
07-12-2016, 11:33 PM
Just like with the bigger book, of which this ebook is part, if anybody has read these and has thoughts to offer here or in an amazon review, I would greatly appreciate reading those thoughts.

Thanks.

--Lee

Steven Forbes
07-14-2016, 09:01 PM
I'll tell you what, folks, if you haven't read Lee's articles, you really, really need to.

Want to write the pitch that gets the editor to want to continue to read, to see how you pulled it off? The Lee Nordling Paradigm (tm) is what will do it.

Don't know about the LNP? You will...after you get the ebook.

It will change not just your writing of pitches, but change your understanding of pitching in itself. It's an eye-opener.

You will be paid exponentially more in knowledge and actual money than what you pay for this.

A couple of cups of coffee, or something at Starbucks?

If you're a creator and you want to pitch something now or later...then this is something you need to get, if you haven't already bought the book.

Stop sitting on your duff! You don't need a Kindle! All you need is the app! Go get it!

-Steven

Lee Nordling
07-19-2016, 03:10 PM
Hi, all.

If anybody has read this ebook or these "Create Your Pitch" chapters from the larger "Comics Creator Prep" book, I could really use a review of "Create Your Pitch" on Amazon.

Thanks for your time and effort...even it's just reading this far.

--Lee

Lee Nordling
07-25-2016, 01:06 AM
A follow-up to this request.

If you've had a chance to read "Create Your Pitch," I'd really appreciate somebody posting their unvarnished thoughts in a review on Amazon.

That let's people know what you think, and let's them decide whether the book is for them.

Thanks.

--Lee

SamRoads
07-31-2016, 07:33 PM
Purchased and reviewed. I gave it 5 stars because it's good. I don't believe I've read a simpler, clearer explanation of the art of the logline within the comics medium.

Lee Nordling
08-01-2016, 12:25 AM
Thanks, Sam!

I'm glad it worked for you, and I appreciate the kind review.