PDA

View Full Version : Finding Work

Bertacious
07-05-2016, 02:30 PM
Hey everyone,
My question is mainly about finding freelance work in the creator owned world. I am a writer and letterer. I've worked on my own series, and have had some, but not much, luck finding others to work for. I tend to use Facebook groups simply for the sheer number of people, but have yet to find a really successful way to get hired doing letters.

Does anyone have any tips on getting hired/places to go/open submissions? What works for you?

Thanks!
Buddy

SantaSpawn
07-07-2016, 08:44 AM
Hey everyone,
My question is mainly about finding freelance work in the creator owned world. I am a writer and letterer. I've worked on my own series, and have had some, but not much, luck finding others to work for. I tend to use Facebook groups simply for the sheer number of people, but have yet to find a really successful way to get hired doing letters.

Does anyone have any tips on getting hired/places to go/open submissions? What works for you?

Thanks!
Buddy

A majority of my work has come from meeting small indy publishers and creators at cons. I go to as many cons as my wife will let me and talk to as many people there as possible.

paul brian deberry
07-21-2016, 11:46 PM
Pretty much this... and showcasing your work. As much as it might pain --- even do a few gigs for (the horror) free.

One word of mouth is all it takes.