PDA

View Full Version : Portfolio review.

AlissaRy
05-25-2016, 03:46 PM
Since I just started my first actual paying job as a letterer I thought I'd share my portfolio and see if I have any areas I could improve for this project.

Here's a link to my portfolio, let me know what you guys think.

https://alissaryletters.wordpress.com

JimCampbell
05-30-2016, 06:04 AM
Here's a link to my portfolio, let me know what you guys think.

Forgive me for pointing this out, but the Fractal Friction page you show in your portfolio wasn't supplied by the named creators, because I'm one of the named creators and this is the first I've heard of it. Presumably, you got them from my blog — which is fine, because that's what the sample packs are there for, but it would've been nice if you'd mentioned that. Also, the 2000AD pages were actually supplied by artist PJ Holden, but not to you. They were supplied to me, and, again, I made them available on my blog (with Matt Smith's permission) which is also where you got them from.

Since you clearly know where my blog is, can I suggest that you work through the tutorials on there? There are many pieces of advice on leading, text stacking, butting balloons to panel borders and creating breakout balloons that would —honestly— have helped enormously with the pages you show here.

Cheers

Jim

AlissaRy
05-30-2016, 03:22 PM
Forgive me for pointing this out, but the Fractal Friction page you show in your portfolio wasn't supplied by the named creators, because I'm one of the named creators and this is the first I've heard of it. Presumably, you got them from my blog — which is fine, because that's what the sample packs are there for, but it would've been nice if you'd mentioned that. Also, the 2000AD pages were actually supplied by artist PJ Holden, but not to you. They were supplied to me, and, again, I made them available on my blog (with Matt Smith's permission) which is also where you got them from.

Since you clearly know where my blog is, can I suggest that you work through the tutorials on there? There are many pieces of advice on leading, text stacking, butting balloons to panel borders and creating breakout balloons that would —honestly— have helped enormously with the pages you show here.

Cheers

Jim

Thanks for taking the time to comment Jim. I am sincerely sorry for the confusion with crediting the sample pages I used. I honestly thought I had credited them properly. I will be editing the posts today to fix the credits.