PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to set up a Wordpress/Comicpress site

TheDeeMan
05-03-2016, 08:58 PM
Guys I need your help. My partner Monique and I have finally decided to move our comics to our own website and I got us a Wordpress/Blue host site. We thought we could figure i out ourselves but we're pulling our hair trying to figure out how this thing works and how to set it up. I was wondering if any of you have used Wordpress/Comicpress for your site and if you can offer us any assistance?

Dee

paradoxuniverses
05-03-2016, 11:04 PM
Guys I need your help. My partner Monique and I have finally decided to move our comics to our own website and I got us a Wordpress/Blue host site. We thought we could figure i out ourselves but we're pulling our hair trying to figure out how this thing works and how to set it up. I was wondering if any of you have used Wordpress/Comicpress for your site and if you can offer us any assistance?

Dee

I use wordpress and have used comic press what kind of problems are you having ?

TheDeeMan
05-03-2016, 11:25 PM
I use wordpress and have used comic press what kind of problems are you having ?

All kinds. We don't know how to do it. Monique (my partner) has handled all the website stuff ever since we started posting comics on sites like Drunk Duck, Webcomics Nation, etc, this Wordpress/Comicpress site I got today is our first attempt to have a site of our own since we started back in 2001 but she can't figure any of it out.

Is there a simple and easy step 1-2-3 direction that you can give to setting things up that I can give to her?

Dee

paradoxuniverses
05-04-2016, 12:46 AM
All kinds. We don't know how to do it. Monique (my partner) has handled all the website stuff ever since we started posting comics on sites like Drunk Duck, Webcomics Nation, etc, this Wordpress/Comicpress site I got today is our first attempt to have a site of our own since we started back in 2001 but she can't figure any of it out.

Is there a simple and easy step 1-2-3 direction that you can give to setting things up that I can give to her?

Dee
wordpress is very easy to set up! but does take a little bit of learning, what you do is go in to your wordpress dashboard and from there ever thing is just click and install, you get to your wordpress dashboard by typing in
http:/your domain name/wp-admin/

paradoxuniverses
05-04-2016, 12:49 AM
it should look something like this

https://en-blog.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/new-wordpress-dashboard.png

TheDeeMan
05-09-2016, 06:56 AM
We're kinda scared to death to get this wrong, so Monique (my partner) is studying tutorials and stuff. I hope I can ask you some specific questions if need be.

Dee

paradoxuniverses
05-09-2016, 01:21 PM
We're kinda scared to death to get this wrong, so Monique (my partner) is studying tutorials and stuff. I hope I can ask you some specific questions if need be.

Dee
you sure can, just let me know what you need

TheDeeMan
05-11-2016, 10:15 AM
Have you tried out Comic Easel? If so, what's the difference between it and Comicpress?

Dee

paradoxuniverses
05-11-2016, 03:25 PM
I'm new to Comic Easel? and I can say it's far better then comicpress! well comic press is really just a wordpress theme with a web comic layout, most people that use comic press have to use comic Easel with comic press, comic Easel works more like a software that makes it very easy to setup, your comics with out having to make new pages and taps ever time you post a new page, it also let's you make Chapters so people can skip to the Chapter they want to read, lot's of people are having issues with comic press because it hasn't been updated in a while now

TheDeeMan
05-18-2016, 11:50 PM
Can you set up multiple comics on Comicpress/Comic Easel? Or does it only allow one comic?

Dee

khperkins
05-19-2016, 08:09 AM
Probably the best place for these questions is the Comic Easel or Comicpress sites, but: http://comiceasel.com/2013/09/04/manipulating-the-chapters-for-multi-chapter-stories-and-multiple-comics/