PDA

View Full Version : I want to start my own web comic,

paradoxuniverses
04-28-2016, 04:41 PM
I want to start my own webcomic that updates every week. I just wanted to see if anyone here on digital webbing has any tip's about this, that I could use, I also wanted to ask how many webcomic pages should I publish to start with 1/2/3/ or more I'll take any info you can give me , :thumbs:Thanks:)

paul brian deberry
04-28-2016, 07:50 PM
Webstrips are fun. Just have to be dedicated. Update daily (even if you're a weekly strip) and spend a few bucks on your own dot.com.

Renae De Liz
04-28-2016, 09:24 PM
What Paul said. I've known webcomics creators to update anywhere between daily to weekly, but more often is better. I've seen people create weeks in advance, but more often I see people do it the day-of or day before. It's obviously smarter to have a bunch ready to cover for any lapses in production, but just do what you can do and go for it. there's not really any hard rules in how to create comics :)

Stewart Vernon
04-28-2016, 10:20 PM
I'm still on a free Wordpress blog that I started in July 0f 2014... that has worked well for me, but has limitations like I can't just customize however I want or sell ads or that sort of thing IF I wanted... but I'm slowly developing a loyal following.

I'm doing a more traditional 3-4 panel Web comic as if it were a newspaper strip... with a few exceptions, I'm doing a daily M-F and a special larger Sunday edition every week.

I also pepper my blog with other illustrations and conversation as they come up. At one time I was running two different strips but that became more difficult for me to manage regular updates.

Whatever your posting schedule, it does help to build some consistency. If you aren't sure how often you can post, don't over-commit or over-promise until you settle into a groove.

Sometimes I work ahead, doing multiple strips in advance... but most of the time I'm working from behind, in part because I want to incorporate real-world events sometimes and that is harder to do if I'm in the middle of a larger story.

Whatever you decide, good luck to you and let us know once you start!

paradoxuniverses
04-30-2016, 12:38 PM
Webstrips are fun. Just have to be dedicated. Update daily (even if you're a weekly strip) and spend a few bucks on your own dot.com.

I have seen a lot of people on webcomic sites doing the strips, but I want to do something more like the old school comic book format maybe release a new full page a week in till it adds up to 22 pages and then move to the next issue.. and I do own a .com already. paradoxuniverses.com I just don't have any comics on it yet

Aurora
05-02-2016, 04:59 PM
Make sure you have several weeks done before you start posting the first one. Otherwise, it could get out of hand and start to get late in posting, and then you'll start resenting it, which makes it all the worse.

paradoxuniverses
05-03-2016, 06:47 PM
Make sure you have several weeks done before you start posting the first one. Otherwise, it could get out of hand and start to get late in posting, and then you'll start resenting it, which makes it all the worse.

thats good advice Thanks. I'm working on three comics .right now I have 10 pages done on my first comic. I may wait in till I get the other comics up to 10 pages be for I start posting them,